Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wha Choo Readin?

June 03, 2011 10:10PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
mike5998
i read choke after survivor, so i didn't like it so hot, so i didn't see the movie. i didn't really like midnite monsters or whatever that book was either. i would rank fight club higher except i saw the movie first and when i read the book i already knew what was going on.

i liked choke alot, but i also didnt see the movie, cuz apparently it sucked. invisible monsters was alright. entry level, but eh, it was alright. aand im the exact same way with fight club. i haven't even read it. chuck himself said the movie was better. but still, that was his first book. coming out of nowhere with a story of that magnitude? pretty kick ass.
do you know when his new book comes out? that looks really good.
June 03, 2011 10:13PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
i always seem to find out about his books right when they're coming out. then i go to the library and get it!

you read his nonfiction one, about castles, and portland, and acid at the zoo and raging santas and naked bike rides to the ace of spades swingers club that's now called the angel?

i really like that one too. his voice is unmistakable, fiction or non. i like that in a writer.

don't clap between movements
June 03, 2011 10:15PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
mike5998
i always seem to find out about his books right when they're coming out. then i go to the library and get it!

you read his nonfiction one, about castles, and portland, and acid at the zoo and raging santas and naked bike rides to the ace of spades swingers club that's now called the angel?

i really like that one too. his voice is unmistakable, fiction or non. i like that in a writer.
hell yeah! that one was awesome.
June 03, 2011 10:20PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
i drive by that joint all the time. i always try to look in the windows, but alas, they are blacked out. i wonder what they do in there.

June 03, 2011 10:23PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
wat?
June 03, 2011 10:29PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
the angel. that used to be the ace of hearts, or ace of diamonds club. swingers club, in chuck's non-fic book.

June 03, 2011 10:35PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
ahh, that's awesome dude. i wonder if chuck has ever been there
June 03, 2011 10:46PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
i'm not sure. i don't think he mentioned what goes on inside. if he did mention it, i guess one would think he knew what goes on in there.

he probably has a better idea than i do. i hate to google stuff. sometimes wondering is the best.

June 03, 2011 10:49PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
googling is for sissies. whatever you imagine is usually ten times better than the actual thing. that's why tv finalies always suck.

tv finalies, now that's a real life issue
June 03, 2011 10:51PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
ah man, i just saw a show about these. mash was no. 1. newhart was no. 2, and ....i think um...that dead show....not deadliest catch....you know, that one with five seasons, and they all die in the last episode....HBO....man, my memory.

June 03, 2011 10:53PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
i don't get hbo. so... don't know what your talking about. but i know lost and seinfeld's finalies suck, as well as many others
June 03, 2011 10:55PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
i liked seinfeld's! it wasn't so bad.

damn, what is that show!

get it on dvd, it's five seasons. it's not deadwood and it's not that mafia one.

dead something. dying?

they're in a place that takes care of dead bodies after they die.

the first time i mean. after they die the first time.

June 03, 2011 10:59PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
idk about your HBO show, and i didn't like seinfeld's. but i really freaking loved the show. the finale wasn't horrible, it just wasn't as good as it could have been. i own the box set of all the seasons
June 03, 2011 11:04PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
jealouss.

i'm gonna hafta google, hangon.

SIX FEET UNDER!

if you have seinfeld dvd's, you gotta get these. they say, one of the best written shows on tv ever. and i might agree with them.

you in some kinda bunker in the dark just watching movies and listening to mountain goats?

why not go out and tell some girl to buy you a beer!

June 03, 2011 11:09PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
mike5998
jealouss.

i'm gonna hafta google, hangon.

SIX FEET UNDER!

if you have seinfeld dvd's, you gotta get these. they say, one of the best written shows on tv ever. and i might agree with them.

you in some kinda bunker in the dark just watching movies and listening to mountain goats?

why not go out and tell some girl to buy you a beer!
Six Feet Under? my friend was just telling me to watch that last week. It is supposedly the best tv show ever. he loves it. im definately buying it, thats weird. its already on my list of stuff that i need as soon as i get some money.
1 new laptop battery
2 new ipod (i hate you apple!)
3 some cds i still need
4 some woody allen movies i still need, and scorsese, and kubrik
5 6 feet under the full series
June 03, 2011 11:14PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
move number 5 to number 2, then erase number 5.

June 03, 2011 11:21PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
yeah, im beggining to think that too. but it's so good. all this good music in the palm of my hand. not to mention wifi.
June 03, 2011 11:24PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
at least you have a heart.

mine got shot off in 'nam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 11:39PM by mike5998.
June 03, 2011 11:29PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
hahaha, youre right. those three cent waflles though, psssh that'll give you a heart tremmor, but due to all the chemicals, your heart will have already migrated to the left side of your body. which complicates matters
June 03, 2011 11:39PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
so much money.

to propagate apple bullshit!

girls look at that shit and automatically know you're not thrifty!

even if you are at aldis buying 3 cent waffles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 11:39PM by mike5998.
June 03, 2011 11:45PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
mike5998
so much money.

to propagate apple bullshit!

girls look at that shit and automatically know you're not thrifty!

even if you are at aldis buying 3 cent waffles.
you're never too young to have a vietnam flashback
June 03, 2011 11:46PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?

June 16, 2011 12:14PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
I just finished Jennifer Egan's Vist From The Goon Squad and I would urge the lot of you to read it. The book is just incredible with lots of music references (Negative Trend) and comment on where we are. Some of the lessons from it chimed with the sort of stuff David Foster Wallace writes about.

Totally worthy of the Pulitizer.

last.fm
twitter
June 16, 2011 03:37PM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
oh yeah, i forgot about this thread. well i've gotten two books further in my quest to read all chuck's books. I read Tell-All and Lullaby. I still need to get snuff and diary read. and that other nonfiction one about oregon. idk if i'll read that one. sounds boring.

EDIT: "to" "too" and "two"
i hay chu!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 03:40PM by jacobfiala.
June 17, 2011 09:13AM | Re: Wha Choo Readin?
Recently finished The Life Of Pi, soon done with Mass Effect: Revelation.

Why's everyone in this thread a f***ing Mountain Goats fan?!

Kirkeby KritikkKvitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 48 on October 25, 2014