Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funny Restroom Story

February 10, 2012 01:38PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
1973 :: Elton John :: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

i do love Elton John. Unreal partnership between him and Taupin...

edit: KC - it wouldn't feel right just spinning that one NMH track... it needs the whole album to set it.

let's get dressed up in costumes and dance by the bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2012 01:39PM by betamax.
February 10, 2012 04:04PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
Oh I meant the album. by the song I meant Pull My Strings by DK
February 10, 2012 04:27PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
Ah, gotcha. thumbs down

February 10, 2012 10:10PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
we were promised jetpacks.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 11, 2012 07:14PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
Now fresh in my hands, in a minute on my record player:

February 11, 2012 11:37PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
February 13, 2012 11:06PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
February 13, 2012 11:32PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
mike10k

thoughts?

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 14, 2012 01:31AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
the "great seventh van halen album."

van halen without david lee roth is like. well, we all know what it's like. tattoo sounds like it could've been on 1984, and the rest sounds like it wants to be tougher than fair warning and more fun than diver down at the same time. they sound energized by themselves, that old van halen sound, unheard for almost 30 years. probably what led zeppelin felt like at O2.

it's the type of relentless hard rock that dave grohl can only pontificate upon. it makes me want to buy an over-expensive concert ticket and also buy a t-shirt. but of fucking course, they're only hitting california.
February 14, 2012 09:57AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
2009 :: Japandroids :: Post-Nothing

February 15, 2012 08:59AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
1983 :: B.B. King :: Live in Cannes

February 15, 2012 09:37AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
Hank Williams: The Complete Mother's Best Recordings...Plus!

Released 9/28/10

Hank Williams had a breakthrough year in 1951. He had a string of moderate country hits already under his belt, but the release that year of his version of an old jazz age novelty tune called "Lovesick Blues," originally recorded in 1922 by Elsie Clark and given a country arrangement in 1939 by Rex Griffin (the template for Williams' version), suddenly made him a big star. It also meant his touring schedule increased, but he still found time that year to slip into Nashville and prerecord shows for the Mother's Best Flour Company. These good-natured and intimate performances were cut to acetate discs and then played over the air on Nashville's WSM radio station. Brittle, disposable, and made for only a few plays, these acetates were then shelved and forgotten until they were literally rescued from the trash in the '70s by an alert WSM employee. In all, 72 of these shows survived, containing some 143 songs, and all of them are presented in this beautiful, ornate set that comes packaged as an old parlor radio and includes a 108-page hardcover book; 14 CDs of the Mother’s Best shows; another disc with his audition for the similar Aunt Jemima radio show; and a DVD that features Williams' daughter, Jett Williams, former WSM engineer Glenn Snoddy, and two members of Williams' band, Don Helms and Big Bill Lister, discussing and remembering the shows and the era. The performances collected here are intimate and relaxed, and Williams tackles an amazingly varied set list, singing old mountain ballads, hymns, and cowboy tunes, and he delivers recitations of parlor poems and other various cautionary tales as well, and even yodels on occasion. What emerges is a full, rounded portrait of Williams at his creative and commercial peak. "Lovesick Blues" is here, along with fine versions of "I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)," "A Mansion on the Hill," and the Williams-composed gospel classic "I Saw the Light," among others, including a spirited instrumental romp through the old fiddle tune "Eighth of January," which celebrated the British defeat at the Battle of New Orleans on January 8, 1815 (Jimmie Driftwood added lyrics to the tune and had a huge hit with the resulting "The Battle of New Orleans" in 1959). That these long-lost recordings are an absolute treasure simply goes without saying. Hank Williams was country music's first modern superstar, and it's nothing short of a miracle to be given -- all these years later -- several hours of Williams performing in an intimate setting just as he was beginning to break across the nation's radar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 09:38AM by mike10k.
February 15, 2012 09:51AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
skrillex

i think the people that hate this so much are humorless.
February 15, 2012 10:24AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
1973 :: Howlin' Wolf :: Ebbots Field, Denver, CO [Bootleg]

February 15, 2012 12:27PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
that's gotta be awesome. link please.
February 15, 2012 12:38PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
killebrew
skrillex

i think the people that hate this so much are humorless.

Can you give any recommendations? I'm not really into electronic music. I used to like Kraftwerk and the Propellerheads back in high school but only a couple albums. I've honestly tried and couldn't find anything I liked about it and don't get me started on the colab with Korn.

February 15, 2012 12:52PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
February 15, 2012 01:09PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
mike10k
that's gotta be awesome. link please.
sadly, i don't remember where i got it.

there wass this amazing website that had a load of old blues bootlegs on it but it's now lost to the web sad smiley

I can send you it on cd if you wish? it's no problem at all.

February 15, 2012 02:12PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
nah, no prob. only asked because i thought it would be convenient.

here's some cool info on that show:

[bigozine2.com]

WITH hubert sumlin on guitar.....awesome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 02:25PM by mike10k.
February 15, 2012 04:04PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
mike10k
[www.allmusic.com]

Thanks Mike! Though I don't see a list of "Songs to lookup on YouTube if you're a fan of the Mountain Goats & Punk Rock" eye rolling smiley

February 15, 2012 04:12PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
mike10k
nah, no prob. only asked because i thought it would be convenient.

here's some cool info on that show:

[bigozine2.com]

WITH hubert sumlin on guitar.....awesome.
yeah,, it's a great show.

the opening songs, without the wolf are just as good as well.

February 15, 2012 04:31PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
dollabill
mike10k
[www.allmusic.com]

Thanks Mike! Though I don't see a list of "Songs to lookup on YouTube if you're a fan of the Mountain Goats & Punk Rock" eye popping smiley

[www.allmusic.com]
February 15, 2012 06:21PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
dollabill
Can you give any recommendations? I'm not really into electronic music.

Me neither, I'm pretty much into guitar music, but I have quite a few records of electronic music I really love. By the way, the term "electronic" is pretty far stretched in my record collection. And all of this is pretty old stuff, I have no idea about recent electronic music (except Burial and some Dubstep compilations)...

May I show off a little bit? Ok: Portishead, Third. Psychic TV, Towards Thee Infinite Beat. Tricky, Maxinquaye. Nearly God, s/t. Massive Attack, Protection. All of Depeche Mode. The Normal, Warm Leatherette 7". Laibach, Nato. He Said, Take Care. He Said, Pump 12". Wir, The Third Letter. Bronski Beat, Age of Consent. All of the Pet Shop Boys, all of Depeche Mode. Ruby, Salt Peter. New Order, Substance. Burial, 1st album. The Art of Noise, (Who's Afraid Of?) The Art Of Noise!. Attwenger, Dog. Mark Stewart, As The Veneer Of Democracy Starts To Fade. Cabaret Voltaire, Drinking Gasoline.

And on Webbed Hand Records you can find loads of free ambient and drone music, mostly electronic.

Hey, this is going to be a long night, I haven't listened to most of these in ages...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 06:21PM by Doc Sanchez.
February 17, 2012 10:30AM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
Doc Sanchez
I'm pretty much into guitar music...

doc.

get the new van halen album!
February 17, 2012 02:54PM | Re: Whatcha Listenin 2 =+~`<{[/\|;^*!
mike10k
it's the type of relentless hard rock that dave grohl can only pontificate upon.

Dave Grohl
Look, I am not Yngwie Malmsteen. I am not John Bonham. Hell...I'm not even Josh Groban, for that matter. But I try really f----- hard so that I don't have to rely on anything but my hands and my heart to play a song. I do the best that I possibly can within my limitations, and accept that it sounds like me. Because that's what I think is most important. It should be real, right? Everybody wants something real.

“I don't know how to do what Skrillex does (though I f---- love it) but I do know that the reason he is so loved is because he sounds like Skrillex, and that's badass. We have a different process and a different set of tools, but the ‘craft’ is equally as important, I'm sure. I mean.....if it were that easy, anyone could do it, right? (See what I did there?)

“So, don't give me two Crown Royals and then ask me to make a speech at your wedding, because I might just bust into the advantages of recording to 2 inch tape.

“Now, I think I have to go scream at some kids to get off my lawn. Stay frosty.”

tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley

[www.nola.com]

"A tiger rose growing through your prison door
Reaching for sunlight, can't see it anymore"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 45 on October 20, 2014