Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forum Project: Topic Trading compilation

Posted by SlowWestVulture 
Re: Forum Project: Topic Trading compilation
August 18, 2011 03:04AM
[quote=butter]
No matter how hard I try, I cannot make "Getting Drunk on a Rollercoaster" not be a tongue-in-cheek, comedic song.[/quote]

Go with the flow/Do whatever feels right. If it's tongue-in-cheek, it's tongue-in-cheek!
August 18, 2011 07:32AM
[quote=butter]
No matter how hard I try, I cannot make "Getting Drunk on a Rollercoaster" not be a tongue-in-cheek, comedic song.[/quote]
It sounds like a metaphor for a bipolar relationship to me, if that helps.
August 18, 2011 04:35PM
[quote=dtrom4]
[quote=butter]
It sounds like a metaphor for a bipolar relationship to me, if that helps.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, since it fits in with a series i've been writing, but it seems too obvious to me. The song is about sneaking a shitload of alcohol into an amusement park in Michigan and getting black-out drunk and somehow not dying on the drive home.
August 19, 2011 01:29AM
Anyone have a good idea for a title for this? The best I've came up with is "Give Me Something To Talk About: A Topic Trading Compilation" Which is a funny little reference to [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04r_tlWdRs]this.[/url]
August 19, 2011 01:41AM
^ I like that title

here is a preview of my song: http://soundcloud.com/yoiks/getting-drunk-on-a

still working on the lyrics but, yeah, here it is.
August 19, 2011 03:22AM
[quote=butter]
^ I like that title

still working on the lyrics but, yeah, here it is.[/quote]

Thanks, the more that title rest in my head the more I like it

And DAMN! Great song, man! I think anyone who loves the older Mountain Goats stuff would be able to get into that!
August 19, 2011 11:45AM
[quote=SlowWestVulture]And DAMN! Great song, man! I think anyone who loves the older Mountain Goats stuff would be able to get into that![/quote]

Thanks a lot, glad you like it.
August 19, 2011 12:15PM
[quote=butter]

No worries. I wrote the most ridiculous lyrics I've written since I was fourteen for mine. It was fun though. Took some inspiration from some musicians I really love but never had the chance to pay homage to.

And yours is great by the way.

------------------------------------------------------------
This Singnature is Final:
At the end of this sentence, before the period, will come the word rutabaga.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 12:17PM by simonfox.
August 23, 2011 09:36AM
Lying in bed, unable to sleep due to the large quantities of iced tea that I had been drinking all night, I was able to finally write the lyrics to our submission. We're still shooting for Sept 18th, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 09:42AM by dollabill.
August 23, 2011 01:33PM
[quote=dollabill]
Lying in bed, unable to sleep due to the large quantities of iced tea that I had been drinking all night, I was able to finally write the lyrics to our submission. We're still shooting for Sept 18th, right?[/quote]

Awesome. And yep, September 18!
August 25, 2011 03:11PM
[quote=butter]
^ I like that title

still working on the lyrics but, yeah, here it is.[/quote]

That was my topic, glad to see you do so well with it. Sounds very early-era-tMG inspired, which is a good thing.

O curas hominum! O quantum est in rebus inane!
September 12, 2011 03:32PM
So... Anyone else nowhere close to finishing their song?

(fingers crossed for this weekend!)
September 12, 2011 08:06PM
Finishing mine this week. I had a finished version, but I dropped my four-track, so I re-recorded the basic track and now I just need to overdub some stuff.

My music:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamison-Murphy/132504205864?ref=ts
http://jamisonmurphy.bandcamp.com/
September 13, 2011 01:30PM
I need my singer to record her dang vocals and then we're all set!

September 13, 2011 11:51PM
This weekend, yes.

O curas hominum! O quantum est in rebus inane!
September 15, 2011 12:03AM
I've been recording a new take almost every night, tweaking lyrics and mic placement and such, and still haven't been happy with a take yet.

But it will arrive in your email inbox before the due date.
September 15, 2011 03:49PM
Awesome guys! I know stuff happens and it's an extremely busy time, just get them in when you can!
September 15, 2011 05:21PM
SlowWestVulture, I know I asked you on the email, but in case you look here first, are you cool with the song as a WAV file?

My music:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamison-Murphy/132504205864?ref=ts
http://jamisonmurphy.bandcamp.com/
September 15, 2011 09:59PM
[quote=Jamison]
SlowWestVulture, I know I asked you on the email, but in case you look here first, are you cool with the song as a WAV file?[/quote]

I'll answer here in case anyone else wanted to know. I was planning on just releasing them as mp3s, so I would have compressed the wav to mp3 (probably 256kbps). But if you have another suggestion on how to go about it I'm more than happy to consider it!
September 15, 2011 11:35PM
[quote=SlowWestVulture]
[quote=Jamison]
SlowWestVulture, I know I asked you on the email, but in case you look here first, are you cool with the song as a WAV file?[/quote]

I'll answer here in case anyone else wanted to know. I was planning on just releasing them as mp3s, so I would have compressed the wav to mp3 (probably 256kbps). But if you have another suggestion on how to go about it I'm more than happy to consider it![/quote]

I am a fan of FLAC. For MP3 I stick with V0 VBR or 320 CBR. Maybe just have multiple options? Although, if people submit the tracks as MP3 instead of lossless, do everyone a favor and please DO NOT RECOMPRESS THEM. Most people aren't aware of just how much quality loss actually happens with lossy to lossy MP3 encodes.
September 16, 2011 12:11AM
[quote=butter]
[quote=SlowWestVulture]
[quote=Jamison]

I'll answer here in case anyone else wanted to know. I was planning on just releasing them as mp3s, so I would have compressed the wav to mp3 (probably 256kbps). But if you have another suggestion on how to go about it I'm more than happy to consider it![/quote]

I am a fan of FLAC. For MP3 I stick with V0 VBR or 320 CBR. Maybe just have multiple options? Although, if people submit the tracks as MP3 instead of lossless, do everyone a favor and please DO NOT RECOMPRESS THEM. Most people aren't aware of just how much quality loss actually happens with lossy to lossy MP3 encodes.[/quote]

I would never recompress the MP3s! The bitrate of mp3 the artist would want their song is totally up to them, I just go with 256kbps as a standard. It still sounds great without taking up a ridiculous amount of space.
September 16, 2011 11:43AM
[quote=SlowWestVulture]I would never recompress the MP3s! The bitrate of mp3 the artist would want their song is totally up to them, I just go with 256kbps as a standard. It still sounds great without taking up a ridiculous amount of space.[/quote]

Just checking, meant no offense. Some people truly do not give one single shit (or know one single shit) about digital audio quality.
September 17, 2011 03:34AM
[quote=butter]
[quote=SlowWestVulture]I would never recompress the MP3s! The bitrate of mp3 the artist would want their song is totally up to them, I just go with 256kbps as a standard. It still sounds great without taking up a ridiculous amount of space.[/quote]

Just checking, meant no offense. Some people truly do not give one single shit (or know one single shit) about digital audio quality.[/quote]

No worries! I applaud you for standing up for the sanctity of everyone's recordings.
September 17, 2011 04:41PM
FINALLY got a take I can live with. Sending you an email after I rip the cassette, chop off the beginning banter and bad takes, etc.
September 17, 2011 04:52PM
[quote=butter]
FINALLY got a take I can live with. Sending you an email after I rip the cassette, chop off the beginning banter and bad takes, etc.[/quote]

Awesome! You could keep the banter on if you want to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login