wot did he play?

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]
zxc
February 26, 2009 01:53PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Zopilote Steel
wot did he play?

A shitload of good shit
February 26, 2009 02:17PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
are you f'real. that is like my favourite song.

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]
February 26, 2009 02:41PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
All I was told is there was a phish-inspired rendition of The Cow Song, lasting about 45 minutes.

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

Laughin Out Loud
February 26, 2009 03:11PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Mr Glass
All I was told is there was a phish-inspired rendition of The Cow Song, lasting about 45 minutes.

you got bad intel. it was totally allman's inspired.
February 26, 2009 03:11PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
nall
Mr Glass

you got bad intel. it was totally nallman's inspired.

~i'm gonna kill all the judges~
February 26, 2009 04:07PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
someone post the setlist so that i can mope about how awesome it totally was.

the venue wouldnt let us in. we stood outside for more than an hour trying different methods of convincing but they wouldnt do it, our last attempt was just saying "come aaahhhhn" over and over until they told us they'd call the cops if we asked again. as least we convinced them to give us a refund, haha.
zxc
February 26, 2009 04:23PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
chelt
someone post the setlist so that i can mope about how awesome it totally was.

the venue wouldnt let us in. we stood outside for more than an hour trying different methods of convincing but they wouldnt do it, our last attempt was just saying "come aaahhhhn" over and over until they told us they'd call the cops if we asked again. as least we convinced them to give us a refund, haha.

I would have punched you in the face
February 26, 2009 05:01PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
geez, hostile.

the show was advertised as all ages, and two of the door people seemed to want to let us in, it was just this one manager guy who wouldnt. the rest of the time we tried less annoying things like offering to just stand at the top of the stairs or next to security or something. saying "come on" was a last-ditch effort when we had given up hope anyway.
February 26, 2009 05:17PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Wow, what a show!

It was great meeting everyone, let's do this again soon, yeah?
February 26, 2009 09:05PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
With all the cameras and recording equipment that was there, does anyone know if the show is bootlegged somewhere?

It's funny if there is video after the comment he made about smashing recording devices before he played that song..... O right, I am not supposed to talk about that song, or tell anyone..

Sorry.
February 26, 2009 09:49PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
alectherins
With all the cameras and recording equipment that was there, does anyone know if the show is bootlegged somewhere?

It's funny if there is video after the comment he made about smashing recording devices before he played that song..... O right, I am not supposed to talk about that song, or tell anyone..

Sorry.
You're such a tease.
February 26, 2009 10:29PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Be careful what you wish for.

So there's a song I always wanted John to play live. And last night, he did. It was fantastic. The whole show was fantastic. But in introducing the song, he explained what it meant to him, and it was really sad. So, since I've been yelling that song out at every Goat show I've been to, I just wanted to apologize to John for inadvertently reminding him of some sad shit (and for mentioning the song he made clear we were never to speak of).
February 26, 2009 10:36PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
D:

i hate my life for not being able to get into this.

brb, suicide.
February 26, 2009 10:57PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
chelt
D:

i hate my life for not being able to get into this.

brb, suicide.

I think you're going to miss the "rb" part of that...

omg. omg. omg!
not a dude.
hugs-n-cupcakes.
February 26, 2009 11:23PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2010 03:30AM by blackliner.
February 26, 2009 11:30PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
I'm under 21, but I managed to get in by dragging my dad with me, though I forgot my license which would prove that I actually am his daughter at our hotel room, and very nearly didn't get in, but the manager caved and the bouncer x'd up my hands.
I know three songs are up on youtube, if you search for mountain goats and swedish american hall, but they really aren't representative of the incredible feeling of the night.
It was a clearly a really meaningful night for John, and nearly all the audience respected that in an awesome way. Being a tMG newcomer, I didn't know a lot of the older songs, but he played some things I thought I'd never hear live, and it was definitely worth extending my trip to California to see.
February 26, 2009 11:41PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
the show was taped and sounds amazing. should be available eventually.

alectherins

Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 11:50PM by rainingvodka.
February 27, 2009 12:44AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
OMG Im HOME!!

What a show!! What a week! Christopher and Shawn are the bestest people ever!

JD was amazing! The show was amazing! Meeting everyone was amazing!.... Hey did I say how amazing it was? hahaha

Spex and Nall, it was so great to meet you both and hang out!!

Kaitlyn, thanks so much for the photo tips! We def need to do this again soon!

WC, it was nice meeting you and Ill see you in Asheville!

Now Im going to bed! Good night!

"A tiger rose growing through your prison door
Reaching for sunlight, can't see it anymore"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 12:45AM by Mtn. Girl.
February 27, 2009 12:49AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Glad you made it home safe Suzanne, and that you had such a great time. Such good memories.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 27, 2009 01:16AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
blackliner
redherren
Be careful what you wish for.

So there's a song I always wanted John to play live. And last night, he did. It was fantastic. The whole show was fantastic. But in introducing the song, he explained what it meant to him, and it was really sad. So, since I've been yelling that song out at every Goat show I've been to, I just wanted to apologize to John for inadvertently reminding him of some sad shit (and for mentioning the song he made clear we were never to speak of).

so not "golden boy" then?

Of course not.
February 27, 2009 02:01AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
well, as it turns out, this company you've heard of was shooting the show for later broadcast - they sent me a thing to sign about it today, will let you know if it works out, lots of people have to sign off on it for it to happen. so now you & I both know what those big cameras were about!
February 27, 2009 02:12AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Cool! Mountain Goats DVD.
February 27, 2009 02:31AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
hansel
Cool! Mountain Goats DVD.

I would find it appropriate if, should it get released, it only gets released in 8 mm film format.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014