Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF

January 14, 2009 08:52PM | 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Tickets now available!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 08:53PM by redherren.
January 15, 2009 04:26PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
E-mail I got from Noise Pop today:

Hi there,

Just a note to let you know that the times for this show have changed to doors at 6:30p and show at 7:30p.

Thanks!
Noise Pop

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
January 16, 2009 05:40AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
So i got tickets for this, but didnt find out that it is 21+ until later.
It was written fairly small on ticketweb and i didnt see it. They say all sales are final.

is there a way to get around not being 21?
my plan was pretty much to just act oblivious and cry or something, since, as a girl, this usually works.
January 16, 2009 11:28AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
I kind of doubt that crying to get into a 21+ venue is going to work. I didn't know it was 21+ either (cause the inticketing site said all ages). I think I'll just kick it outside the venue and hope I can her something, and that no one yells at me for loitering.
January 16, 2009 12:27PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
I offer to wear a long overcoat and stilts, and I will attempt to sneak you both in under my overcoat

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
January 16, 2009 01:03PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Wild Creature
I offer to wear a long overcoat and stilts, and I will attempt to sneak you both in under my overcoat, but you will have to service my ding dong while incognito, if you catch my drift.

~i'm gonna kill all the judges~
January 16, 2009 03:30PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
mike.... angry smiley

January 16, 2009 03:37PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
haha, we could just sit on your shoulders and pretend to be one really tall guy.

what if i let them put big black Xs all over me to signify that i am not 21? i could wear a shirt that says "dont give me booze!".

can these door people be bribed perhaps? eye rolling smiley
January 16, 2009 03:38PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
yeah Mike geez incognito doesn't take a preposition
January 16, 2009 03:53PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
haiku for misplaced preposition

crud!
i have been rebuked!
the windsor knot is all the rage in paris!

January 23, 2009 09:09PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Good news for everyone that is under 21 and wanting to go to this show, like myself- you can get in if you bring some sort of parental guardian over 21 that can prove they have the same last name as you. Then they'll just X up your hands to keep you away from the booze.
I hope this helps some people!
Also. uh. Hi!
January 23, 2009 11:20PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Where'd you get that information? I'm coming down from Alberta for Talking Music and neither of my parents are coming. Is there any way I can X up and stay away from the bar and still get into the show?
January 24, 2009 03:12AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
if you're driving and want to come through portland, I have 2 ids and I'll give you one. I swear!!

What I spend a lot of my free time doing.
January 24, 2009 10:15AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
I emailed the venue and asked about it, and they replied with a number I should call, and when I did, the woman told me that.
They told me that they would need to confirm that I was related to the over 21 person I brought with me. But, that could have been because I said I was 16.
I would try e-mailing or calling the venue, and if they insist on a parent, make that pitstop in Portland.
January 24, 2009 03:32PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
little insect
if you're driving and want to come through portland, I have 2 ids and I'll give you one. I swear!!
I would totally take you up on that, unfortunately I won't be going through Portland on my way there. Thanks for the offer though! Maybe I'll call the venue and see if a notarized letter from my parents will be legit enough to get me through the doors.

edit: Asikari, can you e-mail me that number at kfedorkiw (at) gmail (dot) com? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 03:33PM by ShockHorror.
January 24, 2009 10:37PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
Done and done. If anyone else wants to call in, I'm happy to give them the number over email or something.
February 24, 2009 12:09PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
im 18, i do not require parents, rite? it would do me no good anyway, my only living parent doesnt even have the same last name as me. they can cover me in X's for all i care.

edit: nevermind, i got the number from the website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 03:16AM by chelt.
February 24, 2009 12:56PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
chelt
they can cover me in X's for all i care.

mountain goats fans are awesome.

February 25, 2009 05:04PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
wtf. i just called cafe du nord, and the lady was hella rude, and told me that they wont refund my tickets or let me in, and that its basically "too bad" that ticketweb put "21+" super tiny and in the corner and that noisepop's website didn't say 21+ until recently. i even offered to be covered in x's. she said i could bring a parent, but there are no extra tickets, so actually i cant do that.

so i wasted $60 i dont really have buying tickets for a show my friends and i cant even get in to. AWESOME.
February 25, 2009 05:05PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
chelt
wtf. i just called cafe du nord, and the lady was hella rude, and told me that they wont refund my tickets or let me in, and that its basically "too bad" that ticketweb put "21+" super tiny and in the corner and that noisepop's website didn't say 21+ until recently. i even offered to be covered in x's. she said i could bring a parent, but there are no extra tickets, so actually i cant do that.

so i wasted $60 i dont really have buying tickets for a show my friends and i cant even get in to. AWESOME.

chelt, i have an extra ticket if you want to give it to your mom/dad. no charge.

February 25, 2009 05:30PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
that is super nice of you! but i dont really think it would work. i have two other people coming with me, and judging by the woman's attitude on the phone, they probably wouldnt let us in unless we all had a parent.

i talked to one of my friends about it, and we decided that when i called, i just happened to get the rudest employee there. we decided that we will show up anyway, in hopes of talking to someone who is less of a dick and might let us in or get us a refund.

at the very least, we will just sit outside, try to listen and drown our sorrows in booze or attempt to sneak in somehow, haha.
seriously though, the lady was so unnecessarily rude, that is probably the most upsetting part. as soon as i started explaining, she was like, "we arent going to refund your money, if thats what you're asking." with hella attitude. if she had been nice or apologetic about it, i might have been okay. but it wasnt really my fault that they didnt make it clearer that it was 21+.

sorry for the immensely long post, i am currently the definition of butthurt and feel like ranting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 05:31PM by chelt.
February 25, 2009 05:42PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
chelt
sorry for the immensely long post, i am currently the definition of butthurt and feel like ranting.

When did "butthurt" become a phrase and what does it mean?

I have to keep up with the hip lingo.
February 25, 2009 05:48PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
haha, it basically means getting upset/bent out of shape, usually over something silly/petty. i just like to use it all the time.
February 25, 2009 06:50PM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
chelt
haha, it basically means getting upset/bent out of shape, usually over something silly/petty. i just like to use it all the time.

see also:

"after my 3 month stint in prison, my butthurt."

February 26, 2009 02:21AM | Re: 2/25/09 Swedish American Hall SF
let me just say, wow.

and more than anything, what a trip to meet: Mtn Girl, Specs, Shock, Cali, Sean. What a trip, that made me so happy. You each made me smile, thanks for that.

Mtn Girl, can't wait to see you in NC.

edit: oh, yeah. thank you mr. darnielle. truly brilliant.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 02:44AM by Wild Creature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 45 on October 20, 2014