Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Houseguest?

Posted by dikdik 
Houseguest?
November 16, 2007 01:58AM
I just saw our friends rock this song in Chicago, and I noticed it on another recent set list as well. Is this a new song? I went looking for it on Mr. Nall's awesome song list and didn't see it. Help a brother out with some info.
Re: Houseguest?
November 16, 2007 02:11AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 11:22PM by Caliclimber.
November 16, 2007 09:06AM
Thanks a bundle!
November 17, 2007 01:11AM
I have talked to a couple of people about this and wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience:
John didn't play guitar during Houseguest so about halfway through he started grabbing on to people in the audience and singing directly to them.
Afterwards he said something along the lines of "Thanks for bearing with me."
I thought the whole thing was great.
November 17, 2007 04:53AM
Yeah, that happened in St. Louis.
November 17, 2007 05:33AM
What a strange, strange, man
November 17, 2007 12:28PM
My favorite part of this was during one line John was attempting to make eye contact with a fan. The fan apparently looked away, as John yelled, "Look at me!" in between lyrics. (If that somehow reads arrogant in print, trust me, it was all in fun.) Is 2008 the year John finally gets passed around the crowd while singing into a wireless mic? Chicago is ready!
November 19, 2007 06:26PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XZj7ObeEz08&feature=user

I just found this video of houseguest with wurster doing drums. does anyone have the full audio OR a full video version of houseguest with wurster? it doesn't have to be from this show, just one in general? i really would like to hear it... it sounds pretty rad.

[quote=John]
it was actually 2 7"s btw and the mastering date was 5/1, I cancelled it this a.m.[/quote]
This is why you should be nice to everyone.
November 26, 2007 03:32PM
i exprerienced it live with wurster, at that exact same show. it was great.
June 17, 2011 10:58AM
Last night in Seattle he played Houseguest. Did the whole touching the audience's faces and stuff. He looked into my friend Camille's eyes and sang her a lyric, which is awesome because she's an exchange student from France who leaves in less than a month and this was her first concert.
"I've done things in your room you'd be ashamed of" fucking great.
July 09, 2011 08:29AM
[url=http://youtu.be/6km21T2ByA4]HERE[/url] is a version from 2010 with wurster on drums.
July 16, 2011 10:38PM
Houseguest is my favorite non-tmg song. I'm patiently waiting for the day when they play it in Pittsburgh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login