Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hopscotch

April 10, 2012 12:18PM | Hopscotch
Can I just say...

[url=http://hopscotchmusicfest.com/news/post/the-mountain-goats-to-perform-rarities-and-first-ever-covers-sets-at-hopsco/]WHATTHEFUCK[/url]

https://twitter.com/maffrj
April 10, 2012 12:20PM | Re: Hopscotch
I hope someone can go and get a recording for us that can't make it. 2 sets of rarities and covers? This sounds pretty awesome!

April 10, 2012 12:25PM | Re: Hopscotch
[quote=dollabill]
I hope someone can go and get a recording for us that can't make it. 2 sets of rarities and covers? This sounds pretty awesome![/quote]

This pretty much covers what I should have put in that initial post if I'd have stopped to think about it rather than just reacted with the whole WTF thing.

So, thanks db.

https://twitter.com/maffrj
April 10, 2012 12:27PM | Re: Hopscotch
I'm thinking this might be worth driving down for. Raleigh's not that far. I mean, it's far. But in terms of things that are far it's not that far.
April 10, 2012 12:32PM | Re: Hopscotch
if it weren't the week i'm getting laid off I'd totally consider going.

ETA: no prob maffj! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 12:32PM by dollabill.
April 10, 2012 12:36PM | Re: Hopscotch
It's about an 8hr drive from NYC, for those of y'all up there.

Luckily, I live like 20 minutes away. So excited!
April 10, 2012 12:57PM | Re: Hopscotch
little insect: my lease ends August 31 - can I move in with you until the festival is over?
April 10, 2012 01:09PM | Re: Hopscotch
So I can crash at your place again Liza?

Thanks!

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

[b]L[/b]aughin [b]O[/b]ut [b]L[/b]oud
April 10, 2012 03:40PM | Re: Hopscotch
That, Alex, depends on how much beer you buy me.
April 10, 2012 04:10PM | Re: Hopscotch
Shoes: yes, sure. You can do all of my law reading for me.
April 11, 2012 04:51PM | Re: Hopscotch
I'll be making the 6 hour drive from Athens, but I can't tape it. Who will step up?
April 19, 2012 01:21PM | Re: Hopscotch
Got my tickets!!

Or wristbands or whatever... Driving down from Boston. Yayz for a road trip!!

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
April 19, 2012 04:21PM | Re: Hopscotch
Have they said which day tMG will perform?
April 19, 2012 06:15PM | Re: Hopscotch
The Merge website says tMG are playing on the 7th.
July 14, 2012 09:11AM | Re: Hopscotch
Confirmed on the Hopscotch site, John is playing at midnight on Friday. Which means, for $75, I won't be going :( Hope anyone who goes has a great time.
July 25, 2012 02:19PM | Re: Hopscotch
Just got notification that I'm an official volunteer, which means Hopscotch is a go! Looking forward to this.
July 27, 2012 12:09PM | Re: Hopscotch
so pumped!
July 31, 2012 11:38AM | Re: Hopscotch
a friend in Raleigh said there's some non-Hopscotch acoustic sets at the Videri Chocolate Factory space that include John D., Doug Martsch and a bunch more!? anyone heard of this?
July 31, 2012 01:09PM | Re: Hopscotch
No! But I am pretty enthusiastic about the idea! Keep us updated.
July 31, 2012 02:52PM | Re: Hopscotch
One of my colleagues at nyctaper.com, acidjack, will be attending a lot of the Hopscotch Festival and will make every possible effort to record tMG set.
July 31, 2012 05:12PM | Re: Hopscotch
BLESS YOU
August 07, 2012 05:17PM | Re: Hopscotch
Is it still a go on two separate sets? I seem to remember hearing that at the beginning, but the schedule doesn't look like it reflects that same plan...

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
August 08, 2012 12:01PM | Re: Hopscotch
[quote=nyctaper]
One of my colleagues at nyctaper.com, acidjack, will be attending a lot of the Hopscotch Festival and will make every possible effort to record tMG set.[/quote]

Best news all week. Huzzah!
August 09, 2012 10:34AM | Re: Hopscotch
[quote=justin23000]
Is it still a go on two separate sets? I seem to remember hearing that at the beginning, but the schedule doesn't look like it reflects that same plan...[/quote]

It says "John Darnielle will play two sets by himself on the same night in Fletcher Opera Theater." which I don't think contradicts the schedule, but I guess to be sure I'd ask them.

[quote]Confirmed on the Hopscotch site, John is playing at midnight on Friday. Which means, for $75, I won't be going sad smiley Hope anyone who goes has a great time. [/quote]

I feel ya leez, I'm kinda skirting around this 'cause I'm visiting my cousin in NY in September and there's a bus that skirts out of Raleigh at 2:30 am Saturday which could be good timing depending on how on-time these things are. *skirts*

(tu) nyctaper & acidjack!

midgoat
August 15, 2012 01:04AM | Re: Hopscotch
HI. I should've known there was a thread for this already. Going for the whole festival but a friend and I need a ride from NYC. Anyone know of anything? Maybe even renting a car? Eh? Let me know. My email is sophcw at gmail dot com if you have leads. <3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login