Advanced

Hopscotch

April 10, 2012 12:18PM | Hopscotch
Can I just say...

WHATTHEFUCK

"You know it is, it really is."

[twitter.com]
April 10, 2012 12:20PM | Re: Hopscotch
I hope someone can go and get a recording for us that can't make it. 2 sets of rarities and covers? This sounds pretty awesome!

April 10, 2012 12:25PM | Re: Hopscotch
dollabill
I hope someone can go and get a recording for us that can't make it. 2 sets of rarities and covers? This sounds pretty awesome!

This pretty much covers what I should have put in that initial post if I'd have stopped to think about it rather than just reacted with the whole WTF thing.

So, thanks db.

"You know it is, it really is."

[twitter.com]
April 10, 2012 12:27PM | Re: Hopscotch
I'm thinking this might be worth driving down for. Raleigh's not that far. I mean, it's far. But in terms of things that are far it's not that far.
April 10, 2012 12:32PM | Re: Hopscotch
if it weren't the week i'm getting laid off I'd totally consider going.

ETA: no prob maffj! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 12:32PM by dollabill.
April 10, 2012 12:36PM | Re: Hopscotch
It's about an 8hr drive from NYC, for those of y'all up there.

Luckily, I live like 20 minutes away. So excited!

What I spend a lot of my free time doing.
April 10, 2012 12:57PM | Re: Hopscotch
little insect: my lease ends August 31 - can I move in with you until the festival is over?
April 10, 2012 01:09PM | Re: Hopscotch
So I can crash at your place again Liza?

Thanks!

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

Laughin Out Loud
April 10, 2012 03:40PM | Re: Hopscotch
That, Alex, depends on how much beer you buy me.

April 10, 2012 04:10PM | Re: Hopscotch
Shoes: yes, sure. You can do all of my law reading for me.

April 11, 2012 04:51PM | Re: Hopscotch
I'll be making the 6 hour drive from Athens, but I can't tape it. Who will step up?
April 19, 2012 01:21PM | Re: Hopscotch
Got my tickets!!

Or wristbands or whatever... Driving down from Boston. Yayz for a road trip!!

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
April 19, 2012 04:21PM | Re: Hopscotch
Have they said which day tMG will perform?
April 19, 2012 06:15PM | Re: Hopscotch
The Merge website says tMG are playing on the 7th.
July 14, 2012 09:11AM | Re: Hopscotch
Confirmed on the Hopscotch site, John is playing at midnight on Friday. Which means, for $75, I won't be going sad smiley Hope anyone who goes has a great time.
July 25, 2012 02:19PM | Re: Hopscotch
Just got notification that I'm an official volunteer, which means Hopscotch is a go! Looking forward to this.

July 27, 2012 12:09PM | Re: Hopscotch
so pumped!
July 31, 2012 11:38AM | Re: Hopscotch
a friend in Raleigh said there's some non-Hopscotch acoustic sets at the Videri Chocolate Factory space that include John D., Doug Martsch and a bunch more!? anyone heard of this?
July 31, 2012 01:09PM | Re: Hopscotch
No! But I am pretty enthusiastic about the idea! Keep us updated.

July 31, 2012 02:52PM | Re: Hopscotch
One of my colleagues at nyctaper.com, acidjack, will be attending a lot of the Hopscotch Festival and will make every possible effort to record tMG set.
July 31, 2012 05:12PM | Re: Hopscotch
BLESS YOU
August 07, 2012 05:17PM | Re: Hopscotch
Is it still a go on two separate sets? I seem to remember hearing that at the beginning, but the schedule doesn't look like it reflects that same plan...

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
August 08, 2012 12:01PM | Re: Hopscotch
nyctaper
One of my colleagues at nyctaper.com, acidjack, will be attending a lot of the Hopscotch Festival and will make every possible effort to record tMG set.

Best news all week. Huzzah!
August 09, 2012 10:34AM | Re: Hopscotch
justin23000
Is it still a go on two separate sets? I seem to remember hearing that at the beginning, but the schedule doesn't look like it reflects that same plan...

It says "John Darnielle will play two sets by himself on the same night in Fletcher Opera Theater." which I don't think contradicts the schedule, but I guess to be sure I'd ask them.

Confirmed on the Hopscotch site, John is playing at midnight on Friday. Which means, for $75, I won't be going sad smiley Hope anyone who goes has a great time.

I feel ya leez, I'm kinda skirting around this 'cause I'm visiting my cousin in NY in September and there's a bus that skirts out of Raleigh at 2:30 am Saturday which could be good timing depending on how on-time these things are. *skirts*

thumbs down nyctaper & acidjack!

midgoat
August 15, 2012 01:04AM | Re: Hopscotch
HI. I should've known there was a thread for this already. Going for the whole festival but a friend and I need a ride from NYC. Anyone know of anything? Maybe even renting a car? Eh? Let me know. My email is sophcw at gmail dot com if you have leads. <3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014