Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012

February 03, 2012 01:42AM | Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
HEYO.

I don't know if any of you were there, so there may be no one around to correct my setlist. However, I think I got it right. The show was amazing. The crowd was unbelievable... everyone managed to hush up during the new stuff. It was a great last show of the tour for me to catch. Here's what I managed to get down:

In Memory of Satan
See America Right
Birth of Serpents
You or your memory
Psalms 40:2
Gameshows Touch our Lives
-------
Minnesota
Crows
You Were Cool
--------
White Cedar
Never Quite Free
Mercy for the Diaz Brothers
Transcendental Youth
Hast Thou Considered the Tetrapod?
Quito
Pigs that ran straightaway...
For Charles Bronson
Palmcorder Yanja
--------
1 Samuel 15:23 (which, by the way, was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed.)
No Children
This Year

I had. A. Blast. And I had my moment with Jon Wurster. I love that man.
February 03, 2012 05:12AM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
I saw this. It was a blast. I was also at the show last year.

What albums are Crows and You Were Cool on?
February 03, 2012 07:15AM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
"Crows" is on the "Devil in the Shortwave" EP, but "You Were Cool" is an unreleased song from in-between The Life of the World to Come and All Eternals Deck.

[www.last.fm]
February 03, 2012 10:10AM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
Wasn't it so great, NotSid?

I want it back for a do-over.
February 03, 2012 12:53PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
crows!!!! I want to hear crows!!!!

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 03, 2012 01:25PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
What a great show. I smoked a cigarette with Peter after the show, & he was, as I always suspected, classy as fuck. John D and John W both signed my Bible (on the Ezekiel 7 page); I was disappointed I missed having Peter sign it, but I didn't want to ruin the conversation with an autograph request.

Also, Transcendental Youth is going to be amazing.

& they were crowned with laurel in oblivion
February 03, 2012 01:41PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
Amazing show. Got to show JD my Heretic Pride tattoo (see my thread in the other forum for a pic) and he called it "So badass" and took a picture of it. He also recognized it from being posted in a tattoo thread here. LOVE when TMG come to Asheville. I was down front on the left hand side of the stage, and I believe I witnessed you hi-give Wurster.
February 03, 2012 03:45PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
I requested Crows! Couldn't believe he actually played it. That + a Wurster wave and a PPH high-five made for a pretty amazing 9th time seeing them. grinning smiley
February 03, 2012 04:04PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
I love how AVL treats this band, I went to the show in Charlotte earlier in the week and the talking and shit during the new songs made me wanna break fingers.
February 03, 2012 04:06PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
Agreed. It sucks to know my chances of another tMG show in my city are slim thanks to all those assholes. sad smiley
February 04, 2012 09:41PM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
I was also up front toward the left... there was a pretty stellar group around me. If I met any of you, then hello!

I just still can't believe how great the show was.

I'm moving to the area this Thursday, and I'm really happy that I'll be living in a place that can produce an audience that amazing. It'll be good. Lemme know if you're looking for a new tmg friend. High fives all around. Good things.
February 05, 2012 06:42AM | Re: Asheville, NC, Grey Eagle, 2.2.2012
Oh yeah, This show was phenomenal.

I was right up front last year when they played. I was in a good spot in the middle until my friend wanted a cigarette and I ended up in the back near the bar. So much talking...

What trumped last year was when they played See America Right. Then they played Psalms 40:2. I nearly died. They didn't play either of those last year.

also i'm up for any new friends, hahaha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014