Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012

January 09, 2012 09:11PM | The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
So, just for shits and giggles, anyone here gonna be at this show. Surprisingly (and bittersweetly) enough, this will be my first tMG show EVER. I don't get out much, I'm not a fan of crowds, I don't like spending money, I don't like asking for days off from work and I usually work random everchanging schedules, so this will be the first time that fate and my own neuroses have allowed this blessed event to occur. This is also probably my first show PERIOD in at least a year if not two for all of the above reasons and more.

So if you'll be there and want to come up and say hi, post in this thread. I should warn you however that I will be trying my damnedest to get to the front and will probably not be willing to leave it once I get there. I have even considered (not seriously, but it's crossed my mind) getting a stadium pal for this thing. I REALLY want to be up front. The Social is a good venue for that as well.

So yeah, anybody?

[evulpine.tumblr.com]
January 10, 2012 04:29PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
I will be there.... no need for a stadium pal - I'll save your spot at the front while you use the facilities smiling smiley
January 25, 2012 01:21AM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Great show in orlando. Game shows rocked the house.
January 25, 2012 01:22AM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Raskolnikov
Great show in orlando. Game shows rocked the house.

Sounds funny but it's true.
January 25, 2012 12:02PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Sounds like a great show. Game Shows went over very well in Tallahassee, too. Is there a setlist?

Mercy for the Diaz Brothers!
January 25, 2012 03:34PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
How do I post a pic on here? (of the setlist)
January 25, 2012 03:44PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Upload it to some website, get its URL, then click the little icon of the mountains on the new post thingamabob. Paste the URL in there. Boom, picture.
January 25, 2012 04:07PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Thanks but no website to upload to.

(transcribed as written on the setlist)

Satan
4CB
See Am Rt
Lonely Giants
Counterfeit Fl Pl
Game Shows
------------
Ezekiel 7
Trans Youth
Dias Bros
Never Quite Free
Intl Sm Arms
Prowl
This Year

Solo set (not listed on setlist) included jam eater blues but someone will have to help me on the others. And the final encore was Houseguest.
January 25, 2012 04:22PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Killer setlist, with a lot of similarities to the Tallahassee set. Song for Lonely Giants seems to be popular this tour.

Mercy for the Diaz Brothers!
January 25, 2012 05:10PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Raskolnikov

[tinypic.com]
January 25, 2012 06:17PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Alpha Puppington
Killer setlist, with a lot of similarities to the Tallahassee set. Song for Lonely Giants seems to be popular this tour.

So happy for that, because GL is such a killer album.

[www.last.fm]
January 25, 2012 06:42PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Johnp
Raskolnikov

[tinypic.com]

oh my god, I have been trying to figure out for four fucking years how to do this. i guess i should have just asked.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
January 25, 2012 07:01PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
How long are these shows running, on average? I don't know if it's just me but the setlists seem to be a little shorter than usual

It's just a noise. A noise you hear. When everything is awesome
January 25, 2012 07:18PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Last nite was a tad short maybe 80 - 85 min I think. But with a day off tomorrow I'm hoping for a seventies era Bruce Springsteen four hour session tonite in Tampa. Hoping smiling smiley
January 25, 2012 09:20PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
It did strike me as a short set as well.

The solo set was:

My Favorite Things
Jam Eater Blues
You Were Cool

The encore was:

Samuel 15:23
Quito
houseguest

Band was a little sloppy; didn't know the new songs well enough. Lots of starts and stops. Of the 11 tMG shows I've seen, this was not one of my favorites.
January 26, 2012 01:44AM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Hey - you're the guy in Gainesville who solvd the puzzle! Thanks for filling out my setlist. I agree, not the best show, but Tampa tonight was A great show. Similar setlist to last night but best ever death metal band to wrap it up. Fun show.
January 26, 2012 11:42PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Maybe this is a bit uncalled for, but the drunk guy who was in front of me for the first half of the set threatened to ruin the entire show for me and I was really happy when John called him out. Hopefully this guy was not any of you, but I doubt it as he probably couldn't even remember which songs were played. For those of you who could hear what he was saying, he was ranting about how he "knows" John and how he saw him in Iowa and ran into him at the grocery store, and ranting all of this directly at John seemingly in hopes that John would pause his set to have a warm reunion with him. He was also giving really creepy looks to all the females around him.

Some other guy, unbeknownst to me until after the show, groped my girlfriend from behind. She shoved him and our friend hit him, and then a few minutes later he tried to come back and talk to her and they chased him off again. Its hard for me to believe there could be so many assholes at a tMG show.

Anyhow, I agree that it was short and that (although this was sadly my first show) it probably wasn't one of the best sets of the tour, but I felt lucky just to be there. Maybe it was just me, but John didn't seem in the best of moods. I don't think they were really all that off though, just a couple of false starts and a few missed notes. These things happen.

[evulpine.tumblr.com]
January 27, 2012 10:50AM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
Hey - that was me! Just kidding. Yeah that drunk dude donning the fedora was a nut. JD seemed to shut him up - although I did still see him continue acting up down there. I was on the railing right above the pit so I was above the fray. I did see the young guy standing next to his mom Front and center (I presume it was his mom) yelling at the fedora guy toward the end of the show. sorry about your girlfriend. Not typical tMG fan behavior as I'm sure you will see at your next show.
January 27, 2012 05:34PM | Re: The Social, Orlando, 01/24/2012
He left John alone and quieted down somewhat so that was cool. He was still freaking us out a little bit, but then he left to get a drink and we didn't let him back in. That was all he needed was another drink, right?

As far as the other guy, we were all just kind of shocked to see that kind of behavior from a tMG fan. I wouldn't assume that was typical.

[evulpine.tumblr.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014