Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC

January 20, 2012 10:32AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
If anyone is trying to sell tickets to this concert let me know, I'm looking for a couple of them.

email:
adl2008@hotmail.com

Thanks, hope to see you guys there!
Aaron
February 01, 2012 06:38PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
WHAT?! WHOA!?! How did this happen. I have been checking the site for months now and always got a message that tickets weren't on sale yet! I get an email today saying that they are officiall on sale to find the show is sold out?! OMGWTF. I have been looking forward to this FOR MONTHS!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

/angry outburst

I will join in this plea for tickets now. Looking for 2 (me and Zach-not-truckface).
February 20, 2012 11:53PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
every day my excitement grows exponentially. this is going to be the best

I've ever been to.
February 21, 2012 01:14AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Anyone who is going to this, the following night, Ghost Mice are playing in NYC also:

[www.facebook.com]

Was planning on staying in NYC until Monday morning anyway, this just sweetens the pot.
March 12, 2012 02:29PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
i may have two extra second row tickets for this. if anyone is interested let me know and i'll get back to you as soon as i find out.
March 17, 2012 04:13PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC

On Saturday, March 24 at 7:30 pm, ET, Q2 Music presents a live audio Webcast of the sold-out Ecstatic Music Festival concert of influential, indie pioneers Mountain Goats and the acclaimed early vocal music ensemble Anonymous 4.

The show centers around a performance of Transcendental Youth, a new song cycle by songwriter John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats presented here in an imaginative arrangement by violinist-composer Owen Pallett for voices, piano and guitar. Pallett, aside from releasing numerous albums under his own name (and previously as Final Fantasy), has worked extensively with such indie-rock icons as Arcade Fire and Grizzly Bear.

Driven by Darnielle's bookish lyrics and the band's urgent, often stripped-down delivery, The Mountain Goats have achieved an almost cult-like status over the course of the band's two-decade career and thirteen studio albums. Their most recent record, All Eternals Deck, was released in 2011. The repertoire of the all-female a cappella quartet Anonymous 4 ranges from medieval transcriptions to contemporary American music. In addition to their performance of Transcendental Youth, the ensemble will perform early-music selections from their catalog, as chosen by John Darnielle.

Pending artist approval, the audio from this show will be made available following the concert for on-demand streaming. For previous Ecstatic Music Festival show audio now available on-demand, visit our Ecstatic Music On-Demand archive.

so, there's hope for those not attending. maybe.

[www.wqxr.org]
March 20, 2012 03:26PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
All you forum peeps that are going need to stick around for this after the show!

Kaufman Center
Please join us for a free post-concert reception in the Upper Lobby immediately following the concert. Mingle with fellow audience members, talk about the show, and enjoy wine and snacks on us

March 20, 2012 04:58PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Oh nice, mingling!
March 20, 2012 09:33PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
a bunch of mountain goats fans standing in circles mingling. i anticipate much awkwardness until drink round 3. and then, the wild rumpus.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
March 20, 2012 09:34PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
then we sleep in a real pile?

March 23, 2012 07:37AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
if anyone still needs tickets, there appears to be a pair up for sale on the kaufman center website. not sure why/how (as they were definitely sold out) and i haven't clicked all the way through to confirm availability, but i was able to select row C seats 106 & 107.

hope it helps someone!
March 24, 2012 09:10AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Ok, the family bailed on the drive from DC, so I'm coming up with three extra tickets (D-106, H-109 and H-110). Call me at seven oh three four eight three sixteen thirty seven. Only want face value (20 each). Can meet at the concert hall at 7. UPDATE: Tickets have been claimed!
March 24, 2012 04:38PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
You guy, I'm mega xcited for this show! I forgot to mention about how I will also be attending it.

do you like robots?
March 25, 2012 03:06AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Great as usual to see Dolla, Jess, Jeff, Loreal, Chris, Joe, and the rest of the MG NY crowd.

and really cool to meet The Destroying Angel.

Oh, yeah, and the music was incredible. wonderful show.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
March 25, 2012 11:33AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
teared up at least twice for references of going through emotional hell in portland (my hometown). And with Anonymous 4 in the background, my God. Perfect show and just what it needed to be.

sorry I didnt get a chance to meet up with the NY forum crowd. I had to split right after. Maybe next show!
March 25, 2012 11:45AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Did anyone record this? I unfortunately missed the livestream.
March 25, 2012 02:53PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
JeffersonH
Did anyone record this? I unfortunately missed the livestream.

[www.mountain-goats.com]

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com ยท last.fm
March 25, 2012 05:40PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Is anyone here a dude in glasses who took a picture last night with a red digital camera of JD with a guy in a fedora who JD remembered from Twitter and a girl with short hair in a black poofy skirt and Nancy Drew t-shirt? That'd be my friend and me, respectively. I heard him saying something about the forums a bit before he took our picture, but was too busy being excited out of my mind to ask for contact info. Anyway, my friend and I would (obviously) be thrilled to have a copy of this picture if you're the one who took it. My e-mail address is my user name at gmail.

Thanks!
March 25, 2012 06:22PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Great show, great night in NYC! Fun to meet Wild Creature and chat with Dollabill and the others. The new material sounded really good - looking forward to the new record.
March 26, 2012 08:49AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
It was a completely awesome night. The show itself was amazing and Anonymous 4 were really impressive. My favorite song of theirs was The Scientist even after the initial disappointment that it wasn't a Coldplay cover. JD's set was amazing as expected and it was great to hear some of those unreleased songs live. I was really excited to hear Bride and thankfully he was reminded that he skipped Cut Off Their Thumbs for the encore. The new songs are amazing and I can't wait to hear them. Does anyone know about when the new album is supposed to be released? Also, and this may be just me, I was really hoping when A4 came back out for their encore they would break into The Sign.

It was great meeting everyone, sorry for my complete failure at remembering people's real names. Jess and I counted at least 20 forum people that were there which is very cool! It was very cool and brave of JD to mingle with all of us, especially after the free wine had all run out Jess made a great comment, tMG shows are like family reunions except you want to get together with these people.

grammargirl, I think you are talking about alectherins. He hasn't posted here in a while but you can hit him up on twitter (@alectherins). I think he's getting back home on Thursday so you may want to wait until then.

Corbin, shoot me over an email (it's in my profile) and I'll send you a link to that thing I was talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 08:49AM by dollabill.
March 26, 2012 11:21AM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
Thanks so much, dollabill! I checked his Twitter profile and I'm almost sure he's the right guy. Super excited to see this picture!
March 26, 2012 01:20PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
I saw some of you but didn't say hi, because i'm a jerk like that. Also I made a last minute decision when the show ended before 10 to run to the Raid Redemption screening at the AMC across the street which started at 10:20. HAHA.

[www.youtube.com]

Since it only opened in 5 cities, I figured I'd catch it, and I'm glad I did because it was fucking insane.

"the mountain goats would have a twitter page if the crushing emptiness of life could be expressed in 140 characters" -Stephen Colbert
March 26, 2012 05:11PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
I went from high culture to low by leaving the post show gathering, hopping a cab down to the Mercury Lounge and seeing The Upper Crust and The Giraffes. My eardrums are still buzzing...
March 26, 2012 08:01PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
We got a flashmob together and went to a veggie fast food place then descended on a bar.

March 26, 2012 09:11PM | Re: Ecstatic Music Fest - March 24, 2012 in NYC
jesus christ why didn't I stay long enough to say what's up to JD why why why
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014