Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pittsburgh april 12

April 03, 2011 08:02PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
I made this bag for the Heretic Pride tour, may bring it depending on if I feel like toting stuff.

BroomPerson
Okay, so I've decided I'll have a cardboard sign with me that says "TMG FORUM MEMBERS". Come find me! XD
Gonna look for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 08:04PM by ChairmanMeow.
April 03, 2011 11:38PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
That bag... oh man. I want that bag. That's amazing, haha.

like a vision straight outta Holly Hobbie
April 04, 2011 10:22AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
please come home to hamngatan. but that is a pipe dream.
April 07, 2011 09:05PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
yo. I'll be at the very front, because I have nothing to do all day.

I really want to hear You're in Maya, but this will probably not happen.

As a close second, I'll settle for Going to Chino. I'd say Estate Sale Sign, but I think we'll definitely hear something from the new album.

Does anyone know if they're selling the vinyl LP on the tour, or if it's an online only or a pre-order thing? I want to buy it there, but I don't want to wait and risk not getting one. Decisions..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 09:06PM by Sethie.
April 09, 2011 11:36AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
pretty sure they're selling the AED vinyl at their shows.
April 10, 2011 02:04PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
@sethie, the vinyl version of AED is not itself a limited release (as such), by which i mean it is in print, and available (at last check) at merge, and the band will PROBABLY have it at merch. the big deal seems to be the colored vinyl.

of course since SOME PEOPLE HERE are buying 20 copies at a time, it may become OOP sooner than later... (oh, you know who you are)

i just sit here in my cave and absorb your facts and figures.
April 10, 2011 06:41PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
Are we all local? Is anyone coming in from out of town?
April 10, 2011 07:11PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
@blackliner gotcha. I figured that the black vinyl was not limited, but the multiple colors/formats thing always confuses me. Random thought that just occurred: the next release should also come in 8 track, just because.

I'm local in the sense that I'm in the city often, but not local in the sense that I live in Brownsville, about an hour south.
April 10, 2011 07:58PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
ChairmanMeow

coming from Jamestown, NY. But went to college in Indiana, Pa., and spent a load of time in the burgh while attending. Staying with a friend on the South Side.
April 10, 2011 08:22PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
Sethie
@blackliner gotcha. I figured that the black vinyl was not limited, but the multiple colors/formats thing always confuses me. Random thought that just occurred: the next release should also come in 8 track, just because.

I'm local in the sense that I'm in the city often, but not local in the sense that I live in Brownsville, about an hour south.

Wow, I wonder how often you sing "It's All Here In Brownsville" to yourself!

like a vision straight outta Holly Hobbie
April 11, 2011 11:34AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
oh my goodness @Sethie my brother and I are in Uniontown, PA. Never knew another mountain goats fan existed in these dreadful places.thumbs down
April 11, 2011 11:37AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
getting pretty psyched.
April 11, 2011 01:09PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
BroomPerson
Sethie

just wanna mention for the record only (and not in a know-it-all way), that this song is about brownsville, tx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 01:09PM by protopostmodern.
April 11, 2011 01:59PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
protopostmodern
BroomPerson
Sethie

just wanna mention for the record only (and not in a know-it-all way), that this song is about brownsville, tx.

beat me to it. But it does mention california, which is another small town about two miles from brownsville. And brownsville, PA has a large railyard.

There's also a part of vestaburg (near Brownsville, PA) that is referred to as little mexico.

It's possible that john is being really cryptic and wrote a song about Brownsville, PA.
April 11, 2011 02:15PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
hmmm never thought of that. would actually make sense re: the concept of the album.
April 11, 2011 04:32PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
This may be out of line here but I figured this is as good of place as any to try my luck

Would any one of you be able to pick me up one of the black FFMT 2011 shirts?

I was just at the Asheville show and convinced myself out of getting one and I really quite frankly regret doing so and if we someone would be willing to work something out with me on the shirt and shipping I would really appreciate it

Edit: Please someone help out the lurker -_-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 04:37PM by Rewindlabs.
April 11, 2011 09:52PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
ChairmanMeow

Nope - dragging one of my best friends all the way from Cleveland to see this show! So excited. On the verge of screaming every second the clock ticks closer to tomorrow at 7PM. I'll be the girl crying like an idiot in the front. Probably. Holla.
April 12, 2011 07:45AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
So excited. Although, this is one of the shows I probably won't get to be in the crowd because I have class until late so I'm zipping off to the show after finishing dinner.. ugh sometimes being a graduate student sucks. I'm bringing my camera though since I probably won't feel as big an urge to move around and sing along on the outskirts of the crowd.

I'm coming from Indiana, PA.
April 12, 2011 09:24AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
Morning! Anyone spazzing out as hard as I am right now? 9 hours to go! If anyone sees a girl in a dress and black boots near the front, feel free to come over and say hello, shout loudly at me, or simply make awkward eye contact. See you guys there!
April 12, 2011 09:53AM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
I seriously cannot wait. I'm wearing grey jeans, boots, and a white long sleeve oxford pushed up to just before my elbows. I'll be near the front, so yell or stare awkwardly at me also.
April 12, 2011 04:41PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
We should all just look for broom persons sign! I will wear blue jeans and either my pink get lonely shirt or a blue shirt with a 76 on it. and black Steelers hoody with white cat hair. I have long black hair with pink in front. Say hi! I've never ran into a forums person at a show (except in DC when I gave a forums guy a ticket in like 08)
April 12, 2011 09:03PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
standing up front at the far left corner of the stage, waiting for tMG.
April 12, 2011 09:49PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
Friend at the show just texted me to tell me they just played Golden Boy.

Damn.
April 12, 2011 11:11PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
That was fucking amazing. I never thought I would ever hear Golden Boy live. Holy shit.

Additionally: I felt really awkward being the only person around me that was moving around and seemingly enjoying myself? Oh well..
April 12, 2011 11:11PM | Re: pittsburgh april 12
liza forever minnelli
southwood plantation road
for charles bronson
family happiness
outer scorpion squadron
seeing daylight

solo:
color in your cheeks (!)
alpha incipiens (!!)
golden boy (!!!!!!!!)

band again:
age of kings
going to georgia
damn these vampires (forgot this in original post)
prowl great cain
elijah
no children

encore:
silkworm cover
the best ever death metal band

encore 2:
this year with megafaun

did i miss anything?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 11:16PM by protopostmodern.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014