Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UK Tour 2011

Posted by ccsparks 
Re: UK Tour 2011
May 19, 2011 04:55PM
i will be at the london, manchester and leeds shows. hope to see some of you there.
May 19, 2011 04:58PM
see you at london, WC.
May 19, 2011 10:03PM
see you there, beta. i'll be the crazy looking guy calling out for if you see light in the solo set, who looks kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTnN0FIDr7U
May 20, 2011 04:37AM
Five days till Koko...went past there on the bus in to work this morning and got a little buzz!
May 20, 2011 04:53PM
[quote="Wild Creature"]
i recieved my tix for Koko's yesterday. those are some nice tickets you guys have over on that side of the pond.[/quote]
I was rather excited when I got my black/yellow/gold Manchester ticket, I have to say.
And I do wish I'd ordered my Leeds ticket from Jumbo Records again (they didn't go onsale there until after I was leaving to work - I admit to panic.) because that was a nice ticket last year.

midgoat
May 20, 2011 04:54PM
[quote=StatusFrustratio]
[quote="Wild Creature"]
i recieved my tix for Koko's yesterday. those are some nice tickets you guys have over on that side of the pond.[/quote]
I was rather excited when I got my black/yellow/gold Manchester ticket, I have to say.
And I do wish I'd ordered my Leeds ticket from Jumbo Records again (they didn't go onsale there until after I was leaving to work - I admit to panic.) because that was a nice ticket last year.[/quote]

[quote="susan and her notebook"]
Five days till Koko...went past there on the bus in to work this morning and got a little buzz![/quote]
I pass it in the morning and I pass it in the afternoon...I give a little nod.

midgoat
May 21, 2011 02:36AM
From the Daytrotter mailing list:

"Heading off to London on Monday to attend a Jools Holland taping with Nathaniel Rateliff (Blondie, Yuck, James Vincent McMorrow, and the Friendly Fires are also taping that day!), head to the Borderline for the vinyl release show with Rateliff and spend a good solid three days with the wonderful folks at Communion."

So presumably no tMG on Later this week.
May 21, 2011 04:56AM
[quote=AKMA]
So presumably no tMG on Later this week.[/quote]

They tape it on Tuesdays, so the Brighton date would have been a bit of an obstactle anyway. Although there have been cases of bands blowing off shows to do Jools before.
May 22, 2011 10:36AM
i have arrived in london and am beyond stoked for these shows.....
May 23, 2011 03:46PM
[quote=ccsparks]
[quote=AKMA]
So presumably no tMG on Later this week.[/quote]

They tape it on Tuesdays, so the Brighton date would have been a bit of an obstactle anyway. Although there have been cases of bands blowing off shows to do Jools before.[/quote]

It's just wishful thinking I'm sure, but it strikes me that they play Newcastle next Monday night, so I guess they could fit in next week's recording before heading home?

--------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/maffrj
May 23, 2011 04:04PM
[quote=maffj]It's just wishful thinking I'm sure, but it strikes me that they play Newcastle next Monday night, so I guess they could fit in next week's recording before heading home?[/quote]

Wishful thinking, indeed. Asked JD last night and it's not happening, but he did seem encouraged by Alison Howe's presence on the Later team.
May 24, 2011 02:07PM
roll on tomorrow evening! i can't wait! wish i was in brighton but still can't complain! set lists from tonight would be very welcome :)
May 24, 2011 05:29PM
hey persona, i''ll be there tomorrow night. we should say hello.
May 24, 2011 07:07PM
damn right! that'd be great! if i make it out of work on time (just up the road in kentish town), i'll be in camden fairly early like 6-6.30- has there been mention of any places for pre-drinks? i should be there with a friend or two and in need of cheap, quick food and a drink! otherwise i'll see you on the inside. :) i'll be the guy with the slightly ridiculous mop of curly hair and a forum badge!
May 24, 2011 07:41PM
[quote=pers0na]
roll on tomorrow evening! i can't wait! wish i was in brighton but still can't complain! set lists from tonight would be very welcome :)[/quote]
Well sure:

Jeff Davis County Blues
Old College Try
Birth of Serpents
Damn these Vampires
For Charles Bronson
Psalms 40:2
From TG&Y*
San Bernadino*
Song for Dana Plato*
Up the Wolves*
Dinu Lippatti's Bones
Prowl Great Cain
Minnesota
Southwood Plantation Road
Broom People
This Year

No Children
Houseguest

Going to Georgia

I think that's all, and all in order, but feel free to correct me Brightoners.
The place I got aniseed rock from when I was last in Brighton 6 years ago was closed down. I'd been thinking about bleeding aniseed rock all the way there...
Ed...I didn't recognise Sparkle from the badge you gave her, but I did see it!
-I never knew I liked From TG&Y. I always avoided and skipped it: too much emetic imagery. But it almost made me cry. I might have yelled too loud during Up the Wolves. But maybe that's what happens when earlier in the year a judge was intending to wrongly send your little brother to prison. This Year was great, singing-along-wise. I am not going to say I am never going to get bored of Houseguest because I have seen what happens when people are on the record for never getting bored of a cover, but man.

midgoat
May 24, 2011 10:45PM
song for dana plato! oh man...
May 25, 2011 04:34AM
My brother caught the setlist at the end. John ruffled my hair.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/mTF8C.jpg[/img]

Fuck yeah.

[url=http://14lines.com]woah[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 05:55AM by unoriginal42.
May 25, 2011 05:12AM
If anyone fancies a chat, i'll be the dude with the short hair, in the grey tshirt, black jeans, black converse, carrying a grey hoody and a beer.

Always the beer.

Say hallo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 05:13AM by betamax.
May 25, 2011 05:57AM
[quote=StatusFrustratio]
I might have yelled too loud during Up the Wolves. [/quote]

It would have paled into insignificance compared to the girl stood next to me who shouted, after John had been asking for requests & played one or 2, "John...listen to meeeeee". Sheesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 11:18AM by Gavin.
May 25, 2011 07:39AM
I'll be there in black tMGs tee shirt from the last tour... My name is Lisa...give me a shout!

[pbs.twimg.com]
May 25, 2011 08:30AM
If anyone is visiting Leeds for the show and wants something to do after the show, the Hyde Park Picture House is showing Rosemary's Baby at 11:10pm. It's on the same street as the Brudenell.

http://www.hydeparkpicturehouse.co.uk/index.php?showing=2895

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/rattlebag]last.fm[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/rattlebag]twitter[/url]
May 25, 2011 10:11AM
I have a spare ticket to tonight's show, if anyone is in need?
May 25, 2011 10:37AM
[quote=Javan]
I have a spare ticket to tonight's show, if anyone is in need?[/quote]

I have been on the koko website trying to buy one extra, but their payment page seems to be broken.
Email me if you still have it - lis underscore bobis at hotmail dot com

Thank you, Javan!
May 25, 2011 10:59AM
Emailed!
May 25, 2011 11:11AM
[quote=unoriginal42]My brother caught the setlist at the end.[/quote]

Any reason he didn't play The Hot Garden Stomp? Ouch...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login