the day the aliens came (solo)
alpha incipiens (solo)
orange ball of hate (solo)
houseguest

the best ever...

[edit - also minnesota and the day the aliens came]

[edit2 - for charles bronson]

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 04:50AM by Zopilote Steel.
May 27, 2011 07:41AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Gonna add one, ZS.

jeff davis county blues
heretic pride
southwood plantation road
birth of serpents
damn these vampires

orange ball of love (solo)
shower (solo)
you were cool (solo)
woke up new (solo)

seeing daylight
pigs that ran straightaway into the water, triumph of
prowl great cain
broom people
no children
this year

alpha incipiens (solo)
the day the aliens came [hawaiian feeling] (solo)
orange ball of hate (solo)
houseguest

the best ever...

Wild Creature
described 88 percent of the guys at MGs shows and 36 percent of the woman.
This made me laugh.
Wild Creature
described 88 percent of the guys at MGs shows and 36 percent of the woman.
This made me laugh again.

V. excited for tonight! & looking forward to being on a computer where I can watch that Shower clip.

Edited 'cause I went and trapped my signature inside the quotes.

midgoat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 07:42AM by StatusFrustratio.
May 27, 2011 07:52AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
besteverdeathmetalband
never been to 3 though, I'm presuming it is next to the other 2?

3 is just upstairs from 2.

"You know it is, it really is."

[twitter.com]
May 27, 2011 10:20AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
That setlist is just incredible. Thanks for posting it guys.

I'm hoping for more of the same tonight!

last.fm
twitter
May 27, 2011 11:53AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
From Wurster's TwitPic feed

What.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 11:55AM by AKMA.
May 27, 2011 02:02PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Does anybody know the last time Golden Boy got played? If it's more than six months I'm totally shouting for it all night.
May 27, 2011 02:29PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Let's not be jackasses.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
May 27, 2011 02:57PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
My threat was meant in good humo(u)r, sorry. F'reals though, anyone know when Golden Boy was last played?

(Side note: Wild Creature, you might be interested in this.)
May 27, 2011 04:37PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Never forget Mr Tame Creature that the British fans are best and the American fans are empty egg shells.Take this thought home with you and also shout for NEON ORANGE GLIMMER SONG.
May 27, 2011 04:53PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
rikalbatros
Never forget Mr Tame Creature that the British fans are best and the American fans are empty egg shells.Take this thought home with you and also shout for NEON ORANGE GLIMMER SONG.

rikalbatros is an anagram for "i abort larks."

don't clap between movements

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 05:00PM by mike5998.
May 27, 2011 06:12PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
rik, i really wish we could have had a beer tonight. the manchester audience was quite wonderful.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
May 27, 2011 06:15PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
rrrodstewart
My threat was meant in good humo(u)r, sorry. F'reals though, anyone know when Golden Boy was last played?

(Side note: Wild Creature, you might be interested in this.)

i was speaking in humor too. all love. can't say when GB was played last, though i did get to see it at Swedish American, that was a couple of years ago and I believe it's been played once or twice since then.

May 27, 2011 06:17PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
and my final note of the night is that it was friggin great to meet maffj -- a really great show made better by the company, including not only maffj but bad ass Status F who staged dive onto the stage during encore break to snag the set list. Status F you will always have a place to stay in SF.

May 27, 2011 08:04PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Manchester Show: I envy your two solo sets, and your Ellas and Maffs.
May 27, 2011 08:17PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
ccsparks
In other crowd generalisation news, I was trying to take a sly picture of the early queue outside Koko on Wednesday to demonstrate that around 90% of those waiting were reading books. You know, those books they used to have, back before those smartie phones?

One of my favorite tMG photos, from a mind-spattering instore in Brooklyn four years ago: [www.flickr.com]
May 27, 2011 10:23PM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Wow!

Tonight was pretty special. I can't think of many places better than Manchester to watch bands. They all seem to appreciate it's past (and present) music scene and tonight was no exception. Brilliant show and a brilliant crowd!
May 28, 2011 01:29AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Wild Creature
and my final note of the night is that it was friggin great to meet maffj -- a really great show made better by the company, including not only maffj but bad ass Status F who staged dive onto the stage during encore break to snag the set list. Status F you will always have a place to stay in SF.
It was more of a flop and carpet-burn-inducing slither, but I'll certainly take a bad ass tag gracefully...Also: great to see the rad maff again after probably standing right in front of him in Leeds last year...

Zach - that was Wednesday's setlist, spread yr envy.

Jeff David County Blues
Southwood Plantation Road
For Charles Bronson
Minnesota
Dinu Lipatti's Bones
-s-
Twin Human Highway Flares
It Froze Me
San Bernadino
There Will be No Divorce
Woke up New
-/s-
Song for Dennis Brown
Love Love Love
Prowl Great Cain
Damn These Vampires
No Children
-(encore)-
See America Right
Seeing Daylight

I think?

besteverdeathmetalband
Wow!

Tonight was pretty special. I can't think of many places better than Manchester to watch bands. They all seem to appreciate it's past (and present) music scene and tonight was no exception. Brilliant show and a brilliant crowd!
And this, over, and over. Judging from the audience I got to be apart of last night, and for Andrew Jackson Jihad at the Night and Day the night before, if I was in a band I would want to play Manchester every single night. San Bernadino.

midgoat
May 28, 2011 01:58AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
StatusFrustratio

-s-
It Froze Me
San Bernadino
There Will be No Divorce

That is a large number of devotional love songs.

Not that I would be complaining...

EDIT -- PS -- Golden Boy was last played in Pittsburgh six weeks ago, I believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2011 03:21AM by mkslider.
May 28, 2011 03:55AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
mkslider
StatusFrustratio

-s-
It Froze Me
San Bernadino
There Will be No Divorce

That is a large number of devotional love songs.

Not that I would be complaining...

John was sick last night so he was seemingly trying to play songs that didn't kill him to sing. The crowd sang most of No Children.

I thought last night was brilliant. Manchester audiences are generally better than Leeds audiences from my experience (discounting The National last year!)

last.fm
twitter
May 28, 2011 05:02AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
i think he misses his wife.

anywoo, here is there is no divorce. i'll post the rest of the solo set videos later, which turned out much better than i thought, as all i did was plant the camera on the stage, try to hide it in a sweater (that I think was Status F's) and hope JD didn't see it any kick it off the stage. he did not (other than almost during San Bernardino when he was singing w/o the microphone).

[www.youtube.com]

May 28, 2011 05:07AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Yes to all of the above. Great show, best tMG support act yet, amazing solo set, great crowd, great to meet up with WC & SF (thanks for the use of the poster tube!), ROCKING See America Right (setlist query: I thought that came after Song For Dennis Brown?)... So many good things in one show!

BUT - they'd run out of XL t-shirts by the time I got to the merch stand so having decided against wearing last year's XL octopus tee as it was a bit snug, and plumping for my Teenage Fanclub one (THERE's a band that understands the expanding waistlines of its middle aged audience), I now have an even snugger L tee. That Wii Fit is going to have to earn its keep...

BTW, my friend Eifion, who knows about these sort of thing, took some NICE PICS I thought you'd like to see.

[twitter.com]
May 28, 2011 05:08AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
status, he played pigs triumph in there didn't he? with the story of the truck and the pigs.

May 28, 2011 05:10AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Slight setlist edit...

Song for Dennis Brown
See America Right
Love Love Love
Prowl Great Cain
Damn These Vampires
No Children
-(encore)-
Seeing Daylight
Pigs Who Ran Straightaway Into The Water

Best show of the tour so far and best tMG show I've seen so far - outstanding work from band and crowd.

Stray observations:

1) Please get well before tonight, JD.

2) "I'm doing it."

3) "I'm not ignoring you, I just can't understand you."

4) Was PPH's bass sound on Love Love Love a direct tribute to Peter Hook?
May 28, 2011 05:13AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
Yeah, wasn't Pigs the last song? TBH it's something of a blur. Nice video by the way - you really can see RIGHT UP HIS NOSE.

[twitter.com]
May 28, 2011 05:13AM | Re: UK Tour 2011
maffj, those are nice pics. give my compliments to eifion, it was good to meet him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014