Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wckr Spgt Tribute

March 26, 2010 07:56PM | Wckr Spgt Tribute
Pitchfork wrote:

-- The long-running indie Shrimper will celebrate its own 20th anniversary with the April 10 release of Smooth Sounds: Various Artists Play the Future Hits of Wckr Spgt. On this double-CD tribute album, artists like the Mountain Goats, Sentridoh, Jad Fair, and Amps for Christ will cover brand new songs from the lo-fi punk band Wckr Spgt.

News to me, so I'm going to assume I'm not the only one...

"You know it is, it really is."
March 26, 2010 09:44PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
Dennis mentioned the anniversary a while ago on the Dial Square Tapes site, before the last Bugskull LP came out. Really looking forward to this, but can't believe he's going 20 years...
March 27, 2010 12:58PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
March 30, 2010 07:52PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
May 09, 2010 11:18AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
Dennis Callaci
"All of them sparkling clean digital hand-jobs (of late) got me to thinking about the years I spent renting a room above a former farmer's garage, dubbing tapes when my better-minded friends were going to college and/or fucking with crystal meth. Time flies (except when you are constantly typing in 0s and 1s to get someone's laptop to cum) and certainly somewhere, a 16-year-old kid is online awaiting some hilarious critiques of the 20th anniversary Shrimper compilation..."
May 09, 2010 12:24PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
It's available for pre-order now. You can also listen short samples of all the tracks.

Smooth Sounds
May 09, 2010 02:26PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
i have totally pre-ordered this

i just sit here in my cave and absorb your facts and figures.
May 10, 2010 02:11AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
May 10, 2010 03:11AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
amazon? really? is that true to the indie ethos?

May 10, 2010 01:12PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
blackliner

In the current state of my living arrangements, it's one of the only websites I'm alowed to order something from.

So I don't really care about indie ethos.

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.
May 10, 2010 01:38PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
I think buying it in general helps out the indie ethos, I'll be purchasing a digital copy on release day.

May 24, 2010 10:41PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
Here's the poster that will be available at the show. Courtesy of our friend Carlos!

May 27, 2010 01:36AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
Thanks Caliclimber cant wait to meet you at the shrimper 20th partysmiling smiley
June 07, 2010 10:35AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
blackliner

Depends on how true to the Indie ethos you think Midheaven's postage to the UK is. Set myself up with an account, was about to order, saw the postage & removed it from my basket. I'll go elsewhere & get it for 2/3rds of the price.
June 07, 2010 11:42AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
wtf is up with that? i just mailed some CDs to the UK and it wasn't too bad, why are y'all being screwed?*

*could it be revenge for decades of high-priced but oh-so-desireable "import-only" artifacts on our side? winking smiley

July 25, 2010 12:57PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
that poster looks pretty great carlos. i am loving the compilation too, wish i could be there for this one

thick red wine
thick red wine facebook
July 25, 2010 01:17PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
blackliner

Matt, just because you don't use Amazon doesn't mean it's not legit. It's certainly better than iTunes and it offers a lot of good free songs of the day and samplers and stuff. Snobbypants. :|
July 25, 2010 04:26PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute

July 26, 2010 01:15AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
blackliner

Please explain? I'm far less snobby than the average #tMGer, I believe.
August 22, 2010 03:11AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
Has anyone received their pre-order from Midheaven yet?
August 22, 2010 11:46AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
yes. it took a little while, but i got mine weeks ago. get on their asses, man.

September 17, 2010 02:25PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
After Midheaven ignored multiple emails, I gave up on them and ordered it through Amazon. I got it last night and my cover was remarked with some hand drawn artwork. Anyone else get a remarked cover?
September 17, 2010 03:42PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
ricknroll
After Midheaven ignored multiple emails, I gave up on them and ordered it through Amazon. I got it last night and my cover was remarked with some hand drawn artwork. Anyone else get a remarked cover?

Funny, they emailed me back superquick when I wanted to check whether 'MC' was gonna be a tape. There's a few pictures here. Mine's got a small cock on it. I like therainechild's best.
September 17, 2010 07:50PM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
ricknroll

Yeah, mine says "Don't join the professionals today".

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.
February 28, 2011 08:43AM | Re: Wckr Spgt Tribute
Finally got this, MC + 2CD. What kept me? Kept meaning to write to Dennis to order direct, but got it from aQ instead.

ricknroll
Anyone else get a remarked cover?

Cover: GUIDE TO TOP DOCTORS INSIDE

Inside: ANYWHERE BUT KAISER
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 11 on June 26, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 151 on November 17, 2013