Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

January 30, 2010 02:16PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
ontario live.
there's only one recording of it out there (bottom of the hill 2002), right?
January 30, 2010 03:20PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I think that was the first show I downloaded, along with the 13/06/2006 Bottom of the Hill show. I fell into a nap to them and woke up again on Sail On. I just love that version of Ontario.
There's also this one, nyctaper did it at the Ethical Culture Hall, March last year. On last.fm people have been listening to a "ontario (live)" that is a different length than either of these, don't know if that's a different version or a different cut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 03:20PM by StatusFrustratio.
January 30, 2010 04:29PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

i just sit here in my cave and absorb your facts and figures.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:30AM by blackliner.
January 30, 2010 05:43PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Zopilote Steel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd love to hear an album by the Congress.

The Congress doesn't exist.

We belong dead.
[www.last.fm]
[sordidalley.blogspot.com]
[popwreckoning.com]
[blog.kexp.org]
January 31, 2010 11:14AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
!! thanks so much StatusFrustratio!
January 31, 2010 11:34AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
A copy of a recording of Zoop #2.

Why's everyone in this thread a f***ing Mountain Goats fan?!

Kirkeby KritikkKvitter
February 01, 2010 09:51PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
fever Wrote:
> Zopilote Steel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd love to hear an album by the Congress.
>
>
> The Congress doesn't exist.
I know for a fact they do exist.
February 02, 2010 01:24AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:30AM by blackliner.
February 02, 2010 01:46AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
That full band studio version of The Coroner's Gambit that got scrapped is pretty much number one on my fantasy playlist.
February 02, 2010 04:38AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
thedeadpenguin Wrote:
> That full band studio version of The Coroner's
> Gambit that got scrapped is pretty much number one
> on my fantasy playlist.

According to folks "in the know" it was scrapped because, (in not so many words,) the bigger band kinda sucked.

I would love CCTTST, as far as released stuff goes.
As far as live stuff goes, I know John's humble description of this, but I would love to hear the tMG / Neutral Milk Hotel show. John says he played a short set, and that NMH only played early comp tracks, but I still win that one because I LIKE the early comp tracks.
February 02, 2010 02:32PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
thedeadpenguin Wrote:
> That full band studio version of The Coroner's
> Gambit that got scrapped is pretty much number one
> on my fantasy playlist.

You mean the one done big-band style called "The Crooner's Gambit?"

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.
February 02, 2010 05:45PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
SlowWestVulture Wrote:
> thedeadpenguin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That full band studio version of The Coroner's
> > Gambit that got scrapped is pretty much number
> one
> > on my fantasy playlist.
>
>
> You mean the one done big-band style called "The
> Crooner's Gambit?"

Ah! I forgot about that. TCG recorded w/ the Fallen Men. I would roll an infant down a flight of stairs to hear that.

We belong dead.
[www.last.fm]
[popwreckoning.com]
[blog.kexp.org]
February 02, 2010 05:49PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I recently got

on vinyl for 10 bux off of ebay. it soothed my addiction for a while.

[www.wckrspgt.com]

Children

tMG: Ask me about my painful divorce.
February 02, 2010 05:54PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I just found that in a record store in Wilmington, NC recently for twenty-five cents. I was pretty stoked.
February 02, 2010 08:18PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I'm pretty new to collecting so I'm still filling in most of the pre-4AD stuff (and most of the limited post-4AD stuff). In particular, though, I really want a copy of Come Come to the Sunset Tree for the romantic reasons above and the Jam Eater Blues single just because I love that song.

fever Wrote:
> That song is from Bloomington, Indiana 1/30/99 but
> thank you. What I meant is recordings that aren't
> live. It's said they don't exist but I'm convinced
> they do. The version of TCG that I dream of sounds
> like the singing of an angel who crawled from the
> blackest pits of hell.

Is this whole show publicly available? Can't find it on archive.org, and I'd rather have the full set than a single song.

Oh actually come to think of it, I have a few tracks from the "John Darnielle said it was OK to steal these songs" package (what's the deal with that, anyway?) labelled as being from a Jan 27, 1999 show at the Cat's Cradle. Anyone know if the rest of that show is around anywhere?
February 02, 2010 09:11PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
revolutionaut Wrote:
> labelled as being from a Jan 27,
> 1999 show at the Cat's Cradle. Anyone know if the
> rest of that show is around anywhere?

Yeah it's out there. I'm not exactly sure where, but if you have trouble finding it let me know. I'm not on my computer or I'd upload it now. It's a great show.
February 02, 2010 10:51PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Yeah, it's not on archive.org, and a google search didn't come up with anything. It would be wonderful of you if you could upload it sometime!

And one more question, since my googling about it ended up at your post history here (ha): I have a 1997 show in Madison but not the date and it looks like there were two Madison shows that year. Starts with Take a Letter Maria and ends with Going to Bolivia. Any idea of the date/venue?

Thanks for any help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 10:52PM by revolutionaut.
February 02, 2010 11:48PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
February 03, 2010 12:06AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
revolutionaut Wrote:
> Yeah, it's not on archive.org, and a google search
> didn't come up with anything. It would be
> wonderful of you if you could upload it sometime!
>
> And one more question, since my googling about it
> ended up at your post history here (ha): I have a
> 1997 show in Madison but not the date and it looks
> like there were two Madison shows that year.
> Starts with Take a Letter Maria and ends with
> Going to Bolivia. Any idea of the date/venue?
>
> Thanks for any help!
Blackliner seems to be the expert on these things. I found the show on soulseek.

We belong dead.
[www.last.fm]
[popwreckoning.com]
[blog.kexp.org]
February 03, 2010 01:29AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Here you go

Sorry I don't have any more info on the show from Madison (besides it being from '97). Hopefully someone else will. I'll try to listen closely for any clues that might give away which it would.

Kaytree, did you get my email?
February 03, 2010 01:52AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:30AM by blackliner.
February 03, 2010 11:52AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
i only have one madison show in 1997.

november 14.

was there another earlier in the year?

~ i ' m g o n n a s p o o n a l l t h e j u d g e s ~
February 03, 2010 04:33PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Does it start with Take a Letter Maria?
The gigography says there was one on June 12th. What a good year to be a badger.
February 03, 2010 04:54PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
huh, i don't have that show.

me wants.

up it.

~ i ' m g o n n a s p o o n a l l t h e j u d g e s ~
February 03, 2010 06:01PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Here you go

Your turn, I'd love to hear the other Madison show
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 47 on October 24, 2014