Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

November 19, 2011 01:49AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
protopostmodern
how does one even get a copy of a cs coroner's gambit from john?

You put out the album.
November 19, 2011 05:54AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
does that mean that the album had been mastered from that particular tape?

romme
November 19, 2011 01:29PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
No I don't think so. I think JD sent along the tape to Cory (the guy who released it) so that he could hear the songs before putting it out. I have no idea about what was actually used for the master.
January 03, 2012 07:13PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Ha Ha Hanukah: check.

edit: and if u****u is lurking on these posts somewhere, i fart in your general direction.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 07:26PM by Wild Creature.
January 03, 2012 07:52PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
$233.50???? I think you misplaced a decimal point.
January 03, 2012 09:10PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
$233.50???? I think you misplaced a decimal point.

yeah, that's an emotional bid, not a rational one. but never seen one for sale before, and figured i may never again.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
January 04, 2012 04:01PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Just a couple things,

1. Come Come to the Sunset Tree - I really need to pressure JD on getting more of these out there. I know there are quite a few uncirculated and I always crusade to get him moving on this but you know how artists are always ready to move on to the next thing and this is years old but I still love the album and I know lots of people would like to not pay crazy ebay prices, I really need to hold him down on this!

2. Also, there was a short run of handmade, altered heavy metal album editions of Tallahassee that John made just before the album came out. I will try to find mine soon and post a scan.

3. I also have a funny local Ames Iowa article about JD that I should scan for the board
January 04, 2012 04:16PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
woejilli

2. Also, there was a short run of handmade, altered heavy metal album editions of Tallahassee that John made just before the album came out. I will try to find mine soon and post a scan.

oh, dear lord.

January 04, 2012 04:45PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
woejilli

Often wondered just how short this run was. FYI, mine's not a metal album cover but, as it's waiting by the scanner, you'll have to stay tuned to see what it is. Also has a JD-handwritten tracklist, but does _not_ feature Chum Gatherer, etc., just the released version on CDR. I'd probably let it go for $2,335.00.
January 04, 2012 04:46PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
I'd probably let it go for $2,335.00.

hmmmmm......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 04:52PM by Wild Creature.
January 04, 2012 05:29PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
23.35 euros and a hug, johnp?

in person.

from me.

i'm not big into hugs, so it's pretty damned rare for me to be trading 'em.

let's get dressed up in costumes and dance by the bar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 05:31PM by betamax.
January 04, 2012 05:58PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
betamax
23.35 euros and a hug, johnp?

in person.

from me.

i'm not big into hugs, so it's pretty damned rare for me to be trading 'em.

I'm living off hugs these days. You going to be at the Barbican?

Everyone knows the euro is a running joke/sore. Make it Gold Standard-backed HM Poundes Sterling and we might have a deal.
January 04, 2012 06:14PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
yep - i'm sure my none-tmg-knowing friends will be suitably bemused by my running off to hug a stranger!

January 04, 2012 06:38PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
As a person who doesn't have the ebay money for CCTTST but would very much like to acquire a copy, I would like to cosign your crusade, Mr. Williams!
January 04, 2012 06:43PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
From 4 years ago . . . . (emphasis added). just sayin' (would love a blank one)

John
December 06, 2007 09:41AM | Re: Come, Come to the Sunset Tree Moderator

1. no. I will not sell any blank ones to anybody.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply Quote Report
John
December 06, 2007 09:47AM | Re: Come, Come to the Sunset Tree Moderator
I do reserve the right to change my mind on the blank ones if stuff just keeps getting more hectic in my life though, but don't hold your breath
Reply Quote Report

January 05, 2012 03:51AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Don't you have enough, sir?!

winking smiley

But kind of

sad smiley
January 05, 2012 03:53AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Oh okay I've just had the best idea.

So maybe you guys aren't down with child labor

BUT

What if Baby Roman H. Darnielle painted the covers once he gains the minimal motor skills required.
January 05, 2012 06:59AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
mine's not a metal album cover but, as it's waiting by the scanner, you'll have to stay tuned to see what it is. Also has a JD-handwritten tracklist

January 05, 2012 07:33AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
ha!

that's amazing!

so, were you the irish contact back in the day? Is that how you acquired such personal, cool things?

totally worth a hug.

January 05, 2012 07:54AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
shlack
As a person who doesn't have the ebay money for CCTTST but would very much like to acquire a copy, I would like to cosign your crusade, Mr. Williams!

I second this.
January 05, 2012 08:02AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
yepyepyep.

i cannot justify the amount of money it would take to acquire a CCTTST, especially when it doesn't even go to the band, so a few more trickling down through the community would be very good.

January 05, 2012 08:27AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
betamax
so, were you the irish contact back in the day? Is that how you acquired such personal, cool things?

I put on the 1st Irish show 11/96 w/my bro and another guy. Having gone to London 3/96 to see the Garage show, decoded to pool our resources for a Dublin date. The Talahassee CDR arrived a while before the 2nd gig 10/02.
January 05, 2012 08:31AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
That's a very cool story and a very nice thing for JD to do - just send it out to you without prompt.

i think have the garage show as a bootleg. were New Bad Things supporting and there's a very out of tune version of Anglo Saxons? Good little show, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 08:36AM by betamax.
January 05, 2012 10:10AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
betamax
i think have the garage show as a bootleg. were New Bad Things supporting and there's a very out of tune version of Anglo Saxons? Good little show, though.

Yup, NBT opened, then tMG, then Prolapse headlined. Anglo-Saxons was my request, alas.
January 05, 2012 11:33AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
John that is a fantastic piece you have there. and a great story about the gigs in Ireland as well.

\

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 45 on October 20, 2014