Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

August 11, 2010 01:53AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
also, am i the only one who did not know there was new merch in the MGs store?

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
van
August 16, 2010 09:20PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
these four:

mountain goats - songs for peter hughes 7
v/a - we'll sail far out 12" + 7"
v/a - Goar Magazine #11 bonus 7"

does anyone have information as to why the tropical depression EP has two variations of covers (screened and not)? two presses? numbers?

also, when i got my copy of "songs for petronius" recently, it had a letter to the original owner from John in it, which was unexpectedly cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 09:32PM by van.
August 16, 2010 09:58PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
van
does anyone have information as to why the tropical depression EP has two variations of covers (screened and not)? two presses? numbers?

Moutain goats - hard to live with that typo

August 17, 2010 01:13PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Caliclimber
van

Moutain goats - hard to live with that typo

As far as numbers go, one press, 500 total with somewhere between 150 to 200 w/typo.
van
August 17, 2010 07:49PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
thank you both!

i'm not around enough to know this one too: has anyone been compiling a image bank of all of the covers for CCTTST or the Wheel Method comp?
August 17, 2010 07:50PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Missy had a photo album on flickr of the CCTTST covers. I don't have the exact link, but it's out there.
August 17, 2010 10:00PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
i'm fairly sure that's not available to view anymore... missy, care to comment?

i just sit here in my cave and absorb your facts and figures.
August 18, 2010 04:03AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
blackliner
missy, care to comment?

Hah!
January 02, 2011 03:55PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Ugh, I hate to be that person posting just to ask for things, but my computer crashed a while ago and I lost all the music I didn't have backed up, which includes a lot of live tMG shows, many of which I can't find anywhere again now that links from various generous forum members have expired. Now, I can live without most of it, but I really really desperately want the 1999 Cat's Cradle show which was at one time posted on this thread... Could anyone find it in their heart to help me out?
January 02, 2011 08:53PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
1999-01-27 Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill NC

Setlist
1. Intro
2. Maize Stalk Drinking Blood
3. Letter From a Motel
4. West Country Dream
5. Yoga
6. The Recognition Scene
7. You're in Maya
8. September 19th Triple X Love! Love!
9. Going to Chino
10. Orange Ball of Hate
11. Orange Ball of Love
12. Narakaloka
13. Chanson Du Bon Chose
14. Blue Berry Frost
15. Commandante
16. Alpha Incipiens
17. 1 Corinthians 13:8-10
18. Poltergeist
19. Neon Orange Glimmer Song
20. Born Ready
21. 02-75
22. Going to Georgia
23. I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink
January 03, 2011 08:04AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Thanks for that! I was lacking also.

edit: John's voice is particularly raspy and awesome on this set.

O curas hominum! O quantum est in rebus inane!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 09:24AM by Gaius Verres.
January 03, 2011 09:20AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
You know which setlist I can't find anywhere? MoFo Festival 6/26-27/2003. I got like 4 songs off soulseek before the asshole banned me for no reason. I have a bunch of live sets so if anyone needs any I'll be happy to provide.

January 03, 2011 01:09PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
thanks so so much shlack!!
January 03, 2011 03:34PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I'll share MoFo too, not just because it's a good show, but because it has my favorite version of Tollund Man EVER.

2003-06-27 MoFo Festival, Paris

1. The Alphonse Mambo
2. Jaipur
3. Source Decay
4. 02-75
5. Soft Targets
6. Downtown Seoul
7. No Children
8. Going to Scotland
9. Oceanographer's Choice
10. The Recognition Scene
11. Jenny
12. You're in Maya
13. Prana Ferox
14. Palmcorder Yajna
15. Scavenger Babies (with Lisa Li Lund*)
16. Tollund Man (with Daniel Brodo**)
17. See America Right
18. Going to Georgia

*Singer/songwriter from France
**The bassist for Refrigerator
January 03, 2011 04:07PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
swampcreature
thanks so so much shlack!!

Times infinity!

edit: Just finished listening, great set! On Tollund Man: it is a great, great version but still doesn't beat the one on 02.18.03 @ Uffes Källare, Växjö, Sweden in my oh so very humble opinion. "I wouldn't've written it if it was chicken, you suck."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 09:40PM by Gaius Verres.
January 07, 2011 08:22PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
all hail west texas outtakes
January 29, 2011 11:56AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
If any one's interested (UK based folks especially) there's a couple of second hand VG condition CDs on Amazon UK marketplace going for reasonable prices. Especially when you consider how much some people are charging for new, sealed versions.

Bitter Melon Farm

Zopilote Machine

I got these from some US sources a couple of years back where they still have stock, but they're increasingly hard to find over here for anywhere near these prices.

Just thought I'd spread the love.

"You know it is, it really is."

[twitter.com]
July 15, 2011 01:36PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
shlack

Setlist
1. Intro
3. Letter From a Motel
4. West Country Dream
5. Yoga
6. The Recognition Scene
7. You're in Maya
9. Going to Chino
10. Orange Ball of Hate
11. Orange Ball of Love
12. Narakaloka
13. Chanson Du Bon Chose
14. Blue Berry Frost
15. Commandante
16. Alpha Incipiens
18. Poltergeist
20. Born Ready
21. 02-75
22. Going to Georgia

My HDD has crashed since then, and I need 1.27.99 Cat's Cradle again. And the links down. And it's nowhere else on the internet. If anyone hears (reads) this plea, help a broken man out.

July 15, 2011 02:17PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Gaius Verres
shlack

Setlist
1. Intro
3. Letter From a Motel
4. West Country Dream
5. Yoga
6. The Recognition Scene
7. You're in Maya
9. Going to Chino
10. Orange Ball of Hate
11. Orange Ball of Love
12. Narakaloka
13. Chanson Du Bon Chose
14. Blue Berry Frost
15. Commandante
16. Alpha Incipiens
18. Poltergeist
20. Born Ready
21. 02-75
22. Going to Georgia

My HDD has crashed since then, and I need 1.27.99 Cat's Cradle again. And the links down. And it's nowhere else on the internet. If anyone hears (reads) this plea, help a broken man out.
This is a fine setlist indeed. I wish I had an MP3 of Letter from a Motel.

Mercy for the Diaz Brothers!
July 16, 2011 02:22AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Alpha Puppington

Yo
July 16, 2011 10:05AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Nic33rd
Alpha Puppington

Yo
Many thinks, kind sir or lady.

Mercy for the Diaz Brothers!
July 16, 2011 08:05PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Gaius Verres
shlack

Setlist
1. Intro
3. Letter From a Motel
4. West Country Dream
5. Yoga
6. The Recognition Scene
7. You're in Maya
9. Going to Chino
10. Orange Ball of Hate
11. Orange Ball of Love
12. Narakaloka
13. Chanson Du Bon Chose
14. Blue Berry Frost
15. Commandante
16. Alpha Incipiens
18. Poltergeist
20. Born Ready
21. 02-75
22. Going to Georgia

If anybody could re-post this show, it would be very much appreciated. I only have You're in Maya and I think I'll Just Stay here and drink, and I'd love to get to listen to this show in its entirety, setlist is awesome.
July 16, 2011 09:11PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
either/or

If anybody could re-post this show, it would be very much appreciated. I only have You're in Maya and I think I'll Just Stay here and drink, and I'd love to get to listen to this show in its entirety, setlist is awesome.

I found it on Soulseek the other day, but didn't download the whole thing. When I find it, I'll grab it.
July 17, 2011 11:02PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Considering that I posted it initially, I'll see about re-upping it.
July 18, 2011 02:16AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
@shlack
If you use mediafire, they don't delete your files for inactivity. Not complaining about you using sendspace before, just saying.
Thanks in advance for the show!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 45 on October 20, 2014