Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

January 28, 2010 12:26PM | What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
The Mountain Goats have a large number of unreleased songs, a wide variety of formats for their released songs, and a gaggle of limited edition ephemera that has been released over the years. Does anyone have a particular item or items that they desire most?

For me, these are the things (currently) I wish I had.

1. Unreleased songs: Hail & Farewell Gothenberg

2. Formats for released songs: LOTWTC, purple vinyl #666

3. Ephemera: that Che guevara booklet thingy.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
January 28, 2010 12:27PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
The Old Style can from .net's main page.
January 28, 2010 12:54PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
John's recipe book
January 28, 2010 01:08PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
i wanna white vinyl coroner's gambit, dambit!

~ i ' m g o n n a s p o o n a l l t h e j u d g e s ~
January 28, 2010 02:15PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
those curtains I've heard so much about.

but in all seriousness, I really screwed the pooch about awhile ago when a copy of Taboo VI: The Homecoming was on ebay. We were trying to get it, but I had no idea how special it was, so I put in a bid 4 hours before it ended thinking that would be enough.

so, to answer the question: any earlier cassette would make me pleased as punch.

[veganburlesque.wordpress.com] - learning to shake it till I make it.
[www.mountain-goats.com] - yo forum peeps, we've adopted a goat!
January 28, 2010 02:23PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Since I've signed up I can recall only one batch of CCTTSTs going out and I missed it. I don't even want to ebay one because I love the idea of one unique one sitting there that turns out to be mine and when it arrives I'll have been the first one to see it straight from the horse's, well...brush. As opposed to just buying someone else's when they decide they don't want it anymore.

I'm a romantic, sue me...

We are the ones who don't slow down at all...
January 28, 2010 02:45PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
i believe 2 batches have gone out. the last 334 coming soon i would imagine?

January 28, 2010 03:28PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
CCTST is the only rare tMG thing I own. My crack whore (literally)ex-girlfriend never gave me my fucking signed get lonely back.
My wishlist: hound chronicles/hot garden stomp cassettes, the entire claremont kspc radio 1992 recording (only five songs have surfaced. rumor has it there is more.) zoop 2 recording, shower/tampa/boombox recordings and anything else from that era that isn't available, jam eater blues sub pop singles 7 inch

We belong dead.
[www.last.fm]
[sordidalley.blogspot.com]
[popwreckoning.com]
[blog.kexp.org]
January 28, 2010 03:34PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
let's develop a plan to steal it back, fever.

even a crack whore's gotta go to the store for some yogurt.

January 28, 2010 03:34PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
complete zoop 1 and 2 in a velvet lined box set would be pretty sweet.

January 28, 2010 03:35PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
On Juhu Beach. I want "On Juhu Beach" very, very badly.

My music:
[www.facebook.com]
[jamisonmurphy.bandcamp.com]
January 28, 2010 03:40PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I, too, would like a CCTTST.

Also, even though this isn't my fave album of all time, I always thought this was pretty rad.. (The real comic though. Not just printed off of the internetz.)

"A tiger rose growing through your prison door
Reaching for sunlight, can't see it anymore"
January 28, 2010 03:52PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I would like to replace my Sub Pop 7"...I paid a lot for it a few years ago, and took it to my first tMG concert (at Black Cat, DC) and drunkenly left it on a table...I haven't seen it since and I just can't bring myself to bid on another copy. Sigh...

But I would love colored versions of BPT and MCB....that's all I need to complete my 12" collection. I'm pretty happy just having one of each 12", though.

Now someone make those damn curtains already!
January 28, 2010 03:56PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
1. Unreleased songs: I feel like I've barely made enough of a dent in the released ones to care.
2. Formats for released songs: Owt on K7, Jam Eater Blues.
3. Misc.: If it counts, the Steve Keene cover-covers nall posted once.

Mtn. I agree. It just doesn't print so well.
January 28, 2010 03:56PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Wild Creature Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 2. Formats for released songs: LOTWTC, purple
> vinyl #666

I found #663. So close, yet so far away.

on second thought, turns out I kinda suck at recommending things to people.

its flaws were what made us have fun.
January 28, 2010 04:21PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
At the moment, Ghana, Bitter Melon Farm & Zopilote Machine which have disappeared from the UK completely.

"You know it is, it really is."

[twitter.com]
January 28, 2010 04:23PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
weshallallbe
But I would love a color version of BPT

I would also like to echo that. I have the colored vinyl of LOTWTC and MCB but missed my opportunity on the swirly BPT.

"A tiger rose growing through your prison door
Reaching for sunlight, can't see it anymore"
January 28, 2010 04:33PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
SaveMeASeat Wrote:
> Since I've signed up I can recall only one batch
> of CCTTSTs going out and I missed it. I don't even
> want to ebay one

you also shouldn't ebay one because you might end up with an extraneous penis.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
January 28, 2010 05:20PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
maffj Wrote:
> At the moment, Ghana, Bitter Melon Farm & Zopilote
> Machine which have disappeared from the UK
> completely.

I recently bought a Zopilote Machine from a UK seller on Discogs.

I would like a copy of Nothing for Juice, for now.

Somebody's going to get screwed. It won't be me.
Someday I am going to walk out of here free.

Let's network: Twitter|Tumblr|Last.FM
January 28, 2010 05:32PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Sparkle Wrote:
>
>
> I would like a copy of Nothing for Juice, for now.

Hey Sparkle: I looked in Rasputin and Amoeba earlier this week for a copy of NFJ on CD for you. No luck. If I see one somewhere I will grab it for you.

January 28, 2010 05:51PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
ebay always seemed like such a copout to me. it's infinitely more satisfying to come across something at a record store.

releases: sweden on vinyl, white tCG, red songs for PPH, BRS vinyl, HGS, YTKOC, chile de arbol, tropical depression, white wedding record, phylira, the list goes on...

unreleased songs: washing my face, going to spirit lake, SBLS #5, clown suit

misc.: darnielle/vanderslice '04 shirt

If you're wondering who to blame - I want to praise his name with songs and feasting.
January 28, 2010 05:57PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Colored BPT, MCB & SPH
CCttSST
FFG on vinyl and one of those awesome FFG posters on Cali's flickr.
January 28, 2010 05:58PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Wild Creature Wrote:
> SaveMeASeat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Since I've signed up I can recall only one
> batch
> > of CCTTSTs going out and I missed it. I don't
> even
> > want to ebay one
>
> you also shouldn't ebay one because you might end
> up with an extraneous penis.

not that there's any thing wrong with having an extraneous penis.

January 28, 2010 06:11PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Wild Creature Wrote:
> Sparkle Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > I would like a copy of Nothing for Juice, for
> now.
>
> Hey Sparkle: I looked in Rasputin and Amoeba
> earlier this week for a copy of NFJ on CD for you.
> No luck. If I see one somewhere I will grab it for
> you.

Thank you so much! Very greatly appreciated.

Somebody's going to get screwed. It won't be me.
Someday I am going to walk out of here free.

Let's network: Twitter|Tumblr|Last.FM
January 28, 2010 06:14PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Kaytree-it is much more satisfying to find stuff in a record store...but even using eBay my 12" collection took forever to complete. Good luck finding all of that in a record store.

That's not sarcasm, btw. I hope we all find everything tMG that we desire.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014