Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?

August 05, 2011 04:18AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Nic33rd
mike5998
at this point i would gladly trade the infamously dicked up CCTTST for a white coroner's gambit.

Saw one on eBay last week. Gone now, naturally.
Yep. My bid's were all outbid up to quite a large sum of money (well, for me anyway - i've no idea of the usual value of a white CG but i wasn't willing to pay $100 for it (and even that may not have won)

let's get dressed up in costumes and dance by the bar.
August 05, 2011 11:50PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
shlack
I refuse to apologize for my delay. Nevertheless:

1999-01-27 Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill NC

If you need the tracklist, go back a few pages.
Hell yeah, thanks!
November 07, 2011 05:53PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
hey, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a You and What Army? cassette that's cover is red, as opposed to a cover that is black? Other than that the colors are different?

Grazie, grazie, grazie.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
November 07, 2011 06:22PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Mine's beige, so I'm presuming no difference. I'd say Deden doesn't even remember how many colours were used, in case yr thinking of collecting them all!

I thought your post would be about the vintage West Texas maps JD tweeted about today. Made me regret not keeping the ones I had.
November 07, 2011 06:32PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
thanks john. i have abandoned twitter so i had no idea about that tweet, but i will now of course have to check it out.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
November 07, 2011 06:38PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
mountain_goats The Mountain Goats
@KenJennings @jamietie tMG map trivia: some All Hail West Texas promos went out with antique Texas road maps; have never been seen on eBay.
November 08, 2011 05:14AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
vintage West Texas maps... Made me regret not keeping the ones I had.

Dug into the archive last night and found one! I had three or four but sent them out with the AHWTx promos before the Irish dates way back when ('02).
November 08, 2011 09:45AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
Johnp

Dug into the archive last night and found one! I had three or four but sent them out with the AHWTx promos before the Irish dates way back when ('02).

any chance you could scan it? curious what it looks like.

November 08, 2011 10:35AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Sure thing. I'll see what else the archive throws up...
November 08, 2011 05:01PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
@KenJennings @jamietie tMG map trivia: some All Hail West Texas promos went out with antique Texas road maps; have never been seen on eBay.
Is there a way that JD could know that without checking eBay constantly?
November 08, 2011 11:25PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
trurl
Johnp
Is there a way that JD could know that without checking eBay constantly?

Something that unique/notable is bound to show up on his radar.
November 09, 2011 12:28PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
search notifications can be set by a 1 year old baby with no arms and no legs.

and no head.

don't clap between movements
November 09, 2011 02:34PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Does Jon's maroon pajamas in the "The First Part" video count as an elusive tMG item? Because I want them.
November 14, 2011 09:41AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Wild Creature
Johnp
Johnp

any chance you could scan it? curious what it looks like.

Right-click + View Image to see full-size versions as the forum is cropping these:

Also found this:

which is the first ever JD/PPH setlist with tMG as an permanent duo (as opposed to PPH sitting in on bass, per 90s tours), from the 2002 IRL/UK tour warm-up gig in Rochester, NY, October 2002, as seen in this pic:

November 14, 2011 11:53AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
I truly desire that new neutral milk hotel poster that was just on eBay for 80 bucks. only, I wanna pay like 20.
November 14, 2011 12:35PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Thanks for the scans johnp.
November 14, 2011 12:42PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
JohnP, archivist hero.

Your actions inspire me to post my own early tMG rarity, which some of you may have seen before. I unfortunately don't have any high quality (or low quality) scans as the item in question is not in my possession. Nevertheless, I present a picture of the only cassette copy of The Coroner's Gambit, with a handmade cover by JD.

Edit: Also right click to see an un-cut off version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 12:43PM by shlack.
November 14, 2011 01:21PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
wow, those are some great friggin' rarities. the only coroner's gambit in cassette format! the 1st JD/PPH set list. I am in awe.

November 14, 2011 04:17PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Cali - a pleasure. Thought you might pop in!

shlack - mind: blown.

WC - I'll keep digging.
November 14, 2011 04:52PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
November 18, 2011 11:22AM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Johnp
I'll see what else the archive throws up...

Found a few nice things, of which these two are just the first scanned in. Posters for Irish dates in '96 and '02. More to come, including the matching flyers.

Again, right-click for full image.

November 18, 2011 01:38PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
like!
November 18, 2011 01:42PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
love it.

November 18, 2011 01:58PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
Thanks as always Mr P. they remind me of the one I have for under acme.
November 18, 2011 04:21PM | Re: What Elusive Mountain Goats Item Do You Desire Most?
how does one even get a copy of a cs coroner's gambit from john?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014