Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley

October 16, 2009 10:28AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
dp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually think it would be amazing if we
> re-recorded a whole album.

This could work. Combined with my idea slightly so that you get randomly assigned one of the songs.

In fact I think I might like this idea best. Which album though? I vote FFG!
dp
October 16, 2009 10:31AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
It would have to be long, which rules out the 4ad ones sad smiley Maybe FFG or NFJ or CG or S or ZM. Very definite daniel, very definte.
October 16, 2009 10:38AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
I feel like too many people would want to be involved to just re-record an album. I still really like the idea where everyone picks one song, and then gets assigned one at random. Just sayin'...
October 16, 2009 11:07AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
El Nombre Wrote:
> Actually I just had an idea - everyone who
> participates could suggest a song, and then you
> get randomly assigned one of the songs which you
> then HAVE to do your own interpretation of.
>
> Thoughts?

hmmmmm. Everyone hears an original take on the song they suggest while getting to be surprised by what they do and it's not just everyone doing one song. I love it!

We are the ones who don't slow down at all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 11:07AM by SaveMeASeat.
October 16, 2009 11:15AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
SaveMeASeat Wrote:
> El Nombre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Actually I just had an idea - everyone who
> > participates could suggest a song, and then you
> > get randomly assigned one of the songs which
> you
> > then HAVE to do your own interpretation of.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> hmmmmm. Everyone hears an original take on the
> song they suggest while getting to be surprised by
> what they do and it's not just everyone doing one
> song. I love it!

I am in complete accordance with this idea

"There's good self-consciousness, and then there's toxic, paralyzing, raped-by-psychic-Bedouins self-consciousness." - David Foster Wallace
October 16, 2009 11:52AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
tkpeters Wrote:
> SaveMeASeat Wrote:
> -----
> > El Nombre Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Actually I just had an idea - everyone who
> > > participates could suggest a song, and then
> you
> > > get randomly assigned one of the songs which
> > you
> > > then HAVE to do your own interpretation of.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > hmmmmm. Everyone hears an original take on the
> > song they suggest while getting to be surprised
> by
> > what they do and it's not just everyone doing
> one
> > song. I love it!
>
>
> I am in complete accordance with this idea

ok so is this the general consensus?

John
it was actually 2 7"s btw and the mastering date was 5/1, I cancelled it this a.m.
This is why you should be nice to everyone.
October 16, 2009 12:02PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
El Nombre Wrote:
>
> Thoughts?

I like this idea, and I'd like to participate too.
October 16, 2009 12:04PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
El Nombre Wrote:
>
> Thoughts?

I think this would be genuinely fun and it's not like the songs are particularly difficult so why not. I'd love to participate in this. The song I'd probably want to do is Attention all Pickpockets or From TG&Y or In Corolla (all of which I already know). I just want a song that I can overlay some slide guitar and possibly get my female friend to sing on.
October 16, 2009 12:07PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
Looks like it's the consensus alright.

Should we start tracking who wants in and what song they're putting in the mix?

October 16, 2009 01:13PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
Ok so let's get started then.

Everyone who wants to participate, email me ( acowkickedme at gmail dot com ) with the song you want to be added to the mix. Please include your forum handle.

On Tuesday morning, I will randomly assign songs to each person, and you'll be notified via email.

I think it'd be much cooler if you didn't post your songs here... that way no one knows what's on the compilation until it comes out.

Finally, know that if you choose to participate, you'll only have about a month to submit your recording... I'll be handing off the hard copy to JD at the Philly show, November 28.

What should we do about multiples of songs? Should we have multiple tracks on the CD, or should I ask someone to submit a different song if their original was already picked?

John
it was actually 2 7"s btw and the mastering date was 5/1, I cancelled it this a.m.
October 16, 2009 01:17PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
acowkickedme Wrote:
> ask someone to submit a different song if
> their original was already picked?

This. I liked the whole symmetry of one song per person.

dtrom4 Wrote:
> Man, if I could find someone I knew that had the
> stuff to make this happen (basically, a 4 or 8
> track or just a mac(?) I guess- I need to get more
> up to speed on home recording) I'd be so in.
>
> Download Audacity. It's free and really easy to
> use.

Thanks, I'm gonna check out that and Kristal and see what shakes out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 11:06AM by SaveMeASeat.
October 16, 2009 02:33PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
I don't post often here, but I'd love to participate. Is that going to rub the wrong way with anyone?
October 16, 2009 03:00PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
Haha! Earlier this week I was thinking it would be awesome for all of us to make a cover tribute for one of the albums.

But I really like this idea, too! That way it's an unlimited amount of people able to do it.

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 03:23PM by SlowWestVulture.
October 16, 2009 03:07PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
See the first post for all the important details.

John
October 16, 2009 03:08PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
Wild Creature Wrote:
> TKurata. TKurata. Tkurata.
> TKURATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:hugesmileyface:

Thanks guys...I will most def be keeping a an eye on this project, I've been meaning to do another Mtn Goats remix for a long time!!

Thanks to Michael and Truckface for bringing this to my attention!

my music
October 16, 2009 03:17PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
This sounds so awesome! I definitely want to contribute but I don't know if I'll be ready in a month. Maybe I'll see what I can do and if I can't I can just post it in "Your Covers"? I really want Minnesota or Snow Crush Killing Song but I don't want to take those if someone else wants them who will be able to get their song in on time.
October 16, 2009 07:17PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
acowkickedme Wrote:
> What should we do about multiples of songs?
> Should we have multiple tracks on the CD, or
> should I ask someone to submit a different song if
> their original was already picked?

Ask someone to submit a different song for sure. I also like the idea of one song per person.
October 16, 2009 09:38PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
Just sent an email to you Colin, I am excited! Especially because I've been listening to early punk for the last couple months so I'll have my song finished in about a week for the project.

October 16, 2009 10:20PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
wow... in like 7 hours, I already have 9 people participating (including myself). I'm super pumped, guys. This is going to be soooo awesome.

John
October 16, 2009 10:27PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
I'm down. I vote for duplicate songs if they come up, but I like having a variety.
October 16, 2009 10:54PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
Just emailed you, acow. Super stoked.
October 16, 2009 11:12PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
dangray Wrote:
> I don't post often here, but I'd love to
> participate. Is that going to rub the wrong way
> with anyone?

I can't imagine it would offend anyone. It's all love here.
October 17, 2009 01:36AM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
I vote no duplicates.

With an extensive catalogue of over 500 songs, I'm sure they can all be different.

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.
October 17, 2009 03:08PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
StatusFrustratio Wrote:
> Also I certainly would not mind getting the bus up
> to photograph Bridlington, I think my closest tMG
> place name to here.

I spent every childhood summer in Bridlington.

Also, I kind of want to do this but I probably won't.

Somebody's going to get screwed. It won't be me.
Someday I am going to walk out of here free.

Let's network: Twitter|Tumblr|Last.FM
October 17, 2009 03:16PM | Re: HEY JOHN DON'T READ THIS THREAD AGAIN smiling smiley
What's it like, + where should I go? I am going anyway - the bus goes from pretty much outside my house.

& I say do it! I got my mum and brother to help out do most of it last time and we practised twice and hit play&record twice, and it was a lot of fun, even if my brother got impatient.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014