Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moon Colony Bloodbath!

May 07, 2009 02:19PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
weshallallbe
Jakob
weshallallbe
My postman is the best. Friday I got my mcb. Saturday I got my new Asian cinema. Sunday I gave him the day off. Monday I got Sweden. Tuesday he brought me full force Galesburg. I'm broke...but what a week for my record collection!
Dude, quit outbidding me man! That NAC was mine.

My NAC was purchased from Tim at 3bos (and is sealed!)...so I didn't outbid you on that. I was considering bidding on that IRH the other day...but I've spent too much recently and am going to have to rent a car for zoop.
DAMN, that's even worse. I've written Tim like five times asking for this.

All written with a big smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out of course. That still don't keep it from being true.

Oh, and I can't complain though as Tim (who is a god in my eyes) just sent me a crisp green vinyl. I was dancing all the way to my record player. And dudes, it is an awesome record. Sheer joy to listen to. Extremely well made, and what amazing clean sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 02:22PM by Jakob.
May 07, 2009 02:27PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Ahhh.. you were the one who got the sealed NAC, I got the DISW from him. I wanted the pair, it's a little sad to split them up.
May 07, 2009 02:28PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Jakob: Glad you got a green one. Beautiful, isn't it?

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
May 07, 2009 02:44PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
If you ordered MCB from me, I don't think the record sleeves were damaged when I sent them out (part of the reason I "over-tape" the cardboard squares over the cover, so that the record sleeves don't get jostled around), so I apologize for any rough handling in transit.

There's a school of thought among record peddlers that you should always remove the disc from the sleeve when shipping, but I don't subscribe to this...yet. My m.o. is to use solid, new packing material for each order, and to protect the sleeve from being bounced around as best as I can. But if the P.O. decides to play hackeysack with your package, there isn't much I can do to prevent that kind o' damage...
May 07, 2009 03:05PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Tim Adams
If you ordered MCB from me, I don't think the record sleeves were damaged when I sent them out (part of the reason I "over-tape" the cardboard squares over the cover, so that the record sleeves don't get jostled around), so I apologize for any rough handling in transit.

There's a school of thought among record peddlers that you should always remove the disc from the sleeve when shipping, but I don't subscribe to this...yet. My m.o. is to use solid, new packing material for each order, and to protect the sleeve from being bounced around as best as I can. But if the P.O. decides to play hackeysack with your package, there isn't much I can do to prevent that kind o' damage...

My MCB had a small split in the side when it arrived. This doesn't bother me in anyway, though. The record itself is in amazing condition, and since it's never leaving my shelves, the cosmetics of the sleeve are pretty inconsequential.

I've noticed a lot of people complimenting on the harmonica during Surrounded...and while I totally love it, I think I appreciate the handclaps just a tad more...an amazing addition to a wonderful song.
May 07, 2009 03:14PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
yes. the handclaps totally rule. they remind me of stephin merritt saying how he had a "no-handclap" rule for the magnetic fields, which he allowed himself to break once with "the death of ferdinand de saussure"
May 07, 2009 03:26PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
blackliner
he had a "no-handclap" rule for the magnetic fields, which he allowed himself to break once with "the death of ferdinand de saussure"

man.

stephin merritt is so not cool.

~ i ' m g o n n a s p o o n a l l t h e j u d g e s ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 03:28PM by mike3000.
May 07, 2009 03:35PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
mike3000
man.

This is the opposite of truthiness.

We are the ones who don't slow down at all...
May 07, 2009 03:37PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
SaveMeASeat
mike3000
man.

I actually 100% agree with Mike. I think Stephin Merritt is probably not a cool dude...but I am a Magnetic Fields fan.
May 07, 2009 04:01PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Just pointin' out: as I understand it, Merritt discourages clapping due to his hyperacusis, not any general distaste for appreciation.
May 07, 2009 04:04PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
i love handclaps. when i heard the handclaps on surrounded, i yelped with glee. true story.
May 07, 2009 05:42PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Tarbox, Horace
Just pointin' out: as I understand it, Merritt discourages clapping due to his hyperacusis, not any general distaste for appreciation.

what i meant was the handclaps in songs. i believe the discussionunder discussion was the one in the 69LS novel liner notes
May 07, 2009 05:43PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
but tarbox, yes, that is true. it always pisses me off that he or claudia will very poiltely articulate that serious and real problem at the start of every (rare) show, and some dowshes always feel the need to make exceptions for themselves.. angry smiley
dp
May 07, 2009 05:44PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
weshallallbe
SaveMeASeat
mike3000
man.

I actually 100% agree with Mike. I think Stephin Merritt is probably not a cool dude...but I am a Magnetic Fields fan.

How can you say that..... he's the star of my favourite youtube vid ever
[www.youtube.com]

Edit: this is not a rickroll, because it's not 2007

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 05:45PM by dp.
May 07, 2009 06:10PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
yeah i love that video. and that song too.

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]
May 07, 2009 06:25PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Tim Adams

Hey Tim, mine was in perfect condition. I liked your packaging and thought the amount of tape was perfect, so don't listen to all them whining about tons of tape. smiling smiley
May 07, 2009 06:34PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
No complaints at all on the packaging.
May 07, 2009 06:47PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
weshallallbe
...I think I appreciate the handclaps just a tad more...an amazing addition to a wonderful song.
I don't know if the version of Surrounded here is an earlier demo recording or what - but if you like handclaps, you're gonna flip your shit.
May 07, 2009 07:13PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
truckface
weshallallbe
...I think I appreciate the handclaps just a tad more...an amazing addition to a wonderful song.
I don't know if the version of Surrounded here is an earlier demo recording or what - but if you like handclaps, you're gonna flip your shit.

Ugh. I'm at work reading the forums on my iPod touch. Thank you in advance...my shit will be flipped when I get home.
May 07, 2009 07:27PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
truckface
weshallallbe
I was gonna post this too- you beat me to it Zach.
Sounds like it was recorded on the Panasonic!

If you're wondering who to blame - I want to praise his name with songs and feasting.
May 07, 2009 07:35PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
alectherins
Ahhh.. you were the one who got the sealed NAC, I got the DISW from him. I wanted the pair, it's a little sad to split them up.

Well, then, in the interest of the family, I got my IRH from him. I was going to get his tCG instead, but someone beat me to it. It's just as well, I LOVE IRH.
May 07, 2009 08:20PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
kaytree
truckface
weshallallbe
I was gonna post this too- you beat me to it Zach.
Sounds like it was recorded on the Panasonic!
Is the Sudden Oak Death there broken for anyone else?

Twitter | Facebook
May 07, 2009 08:46PM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
kyle_is
Is the Sudden Oak Death there broken for anyone else?

Should work now.

Not that I have anything to do with this.

What I spend a lot of my free time doing.
May 08, 2009 01:39AM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
Tim Adams

Thanks, Tim - your packaging job was wonderful and I don't think it was damaged in transit (I don't see how it could've been, given where the wear is and how well-packed it was). Absolutely no complaints from me.
May 08, 2009 05:14AM | Re: Moon Colony Bloodbath!
...just found my copy in the mail, thanks tim! for this on and the great customer service all the years.
damn it was quite exciting to open it to see which color the vinyl is...black...but nevermind it is a great record. i'm really fond of the vanderslice songs, if i would just own this, and if i was a critic, i'd think he is a much better songwriter/singer...so really looking foward to 'romanian names'

romme

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 06:35AM by romme.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 48 on October 25, 2014