Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Transcendental Youth?

April 12, 2012 12:12PM | Transcendental Youth?
For some reason, I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that the new album was coming out in April (2012). I dunno -- maybe I dreamed a Mountain Goats press conference or something, but whatever. The result of this mistaken impression is that I've been anticipating its release much more intensely than I have any business doing. Seriously, up to the point where I sometimes wake up with butterflies in my stomach and don't know why. (OK, so the butterflies are most likely due to other, way more important and stressful things that happen to be going on in my life right now, but just for the sake of winding up this already-way-too-long parenthetical, let's just say that they are all about the impending (or maybe not so impending as it turns out) release of Transcendental Youth.)

So, when IS it coming out? Does anyone know?
April 12, 2012 12:28PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
No idea, I think JD mentioned that they recored it in Feburary. I'm hoping for late summer/early fall myself but would welcome anytime sooner!

April 12, 2012 05:09PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
you mean the hard copy, as opposed to the download JD sent out?

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
April 12, 2012 07:26PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
actually this album got canned because WQXR live-streamed it the night of the concert and someone recorded it over the internet and posted a torrent of it so JD destroyed the masters
April 13, 2012 02:31AM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
Well, it sure is a good thing that some of us got the download JD sent out, then
April 13, 2012 10:29AM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
You guys are having a laugh.
April 13, 2012 12:53PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
leez34

No laughing matter, I'm afraid. JD destroyed the masters.

[www.last.fm]
April 13, 2012 12:57PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
myopic mirror
leez34

i thought it was the exclusion of women that destroyed the masters.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
April 13, 2012 01:10PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
Wild Creature
myopic mirror
leez34

i thought it was the exclusion of women that destroyed the masters.

Wait. Women can do things?

[www.last.fm]
April 13, 2012 01:40PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
what is a women?
April 13, 2012 03:38PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
more than a woman.

April 13, 2012 03:55PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
[youtu.be]

April 13, 2012 06:07PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
[www.youtube.com]

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

Laughin Out Loud
April 13, 2012 06:53PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
[ youtube.com ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2012 06:54PM by shlack.
April 13, 2012 08:10PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
For anyone interested in a real answer, rather than people being dicks for no reason:

RT @leez34 @mountain_goats When does Transcendental Youth come out? I can't find the info anywhere.

RT @mountain_goats @leez34 not even done recording yet, no release date set, sometime later this year
April 13, 2012 08:31PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
To be fair, the first response more or less answered the question. (although thanks for confirming! that's good to know)
April 13, 2012 09:21PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
Hey man I wasn't being a Dick about it. There isn't any info about this yet.

April 14, 2012 12:04AM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
didn't mean to be a dick. just goofing around. sorry if it offended. just being silly.

April 14, 2012 03:09AM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
Also just trying to be silly, for the record.

Pro-silly

Anti-metaphorical-dick

Also pro-kingdom-of-Blizznatch
April 14, 2012 02:19PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
People on this forum will always make wacky jokes when they don't know the answer to something. If you want to see people actually being dicks, look for a thread where someone asks a question that is awkwardly inappropriate. There's one that comes to mind, but in the intrest of not being a dick, I won't search it out or link it here.

[evulpine.tumblr.com]
April 16, 2012 08:33PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
Totally off topic here, but is there anyone offended by the use of "dick" as an insult? Personally, I usually opt for the gender-neutral "asshole" instead, but I can see why people are okay about it because it doesn't really carry the same oppressive weight that something like "pussy" does.*
If any of you are penis-owners, just thought I'd ask.

*Not to equivalize genitals with gender, but insults like these are usually meant as gendered.
April 17, 2012 09:05AM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
I've honestly never thought about it, but I don't tend to use the term dick. When I don't like someone they're usually called jerk-face or jerk-ass, depending on if I'm in a G or PG situation.

April 17, 2012 01:55PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
my kid uses random words as curses.

he's called me these things with a commanding derogatory tone in the past week, usually after i tell him "no":

you doorknob!
you soda!
you soup can!
you taco bell!
you donut!
you candle!
you table!

he likes to add the qualifier "stinky" before these words, such as "you stinky soda!" if he's feeling extra mad.

he'll be three in may.

he's a stinky doorknob!
April 17, 2012 02:03PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT YOUR SON LIKE THAT, MIKE! UN BELIEVABLE. TOTAL CANDLE MOVE.

do you like robots?
April 17, 2012 02:09PM | Re: Transcendental Youth?
i have to get him when he's not around. it's the only time i can get him. he was smarter than me is two years ago.

usually, calling him a "stinky" name back results in a torrent, a stream, a cavalcade of random word profanity like you've never heard, punctuate with a tiny evil laugh, like what he said totally burned you. heh heh.

it's like a syd barrett song.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014