Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night

March 26, 2012 03:15AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
erikdardan
fyi I was gonna keep this low because he basically played the whole new record but seeing as it's floating in various forms I'd be delighted to share the wealth: I took an absolutely ballin bootleg (if I do say so m'self) of this from a few rows back. now it'll be a hot minute before it gets up because I'm awful particular about my editing and the applause is WAY too loud in comparison, which is gonna take some sleight-of-hand to fix without jarring amplification transitions, but it will exist, in not too long, and then it will be here. because you folks are nice, and I like you, and it's fun to share good things. (it will be 320 kbps in case yer into that sort of thing)

Thank you Sir.

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 03:15AM by SlowWestVulture.
March 26, 2012 08:13AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I'm not sure if I will/want to listen to it, or if I rather want to wait for the record to come out and then listen to it. But anyway, thanks a thousand times to all of you who worked to give this to the rest of us!!!
March 26, 2012 09:13AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Remy
So has "Hail St. Sebastian" been heard before this? Because i'm finding nothing and that "2009" is throwing me.

JD said he wrote it on the tour bus with Owen during the 2009 tour and killed the song just to see if it would crawl back to life. The show was amazing, the new songs are fantastic, I can't wait for the record!

March 26, 2012 01:20PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Cheers, Nigel, for sharing your rip — but Erik, Dan, please do satisfy our hunger for the complete show!
March 26, 2012 05:53PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
betamax
i'm not listening to this as i want total surprise when they come to London but after reading some of the responses in this thread, i am now so fucking stoked for April thumbs down
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.
Sneaking peaks on threads, but ears firm closed.

midgoat
March 26, 2012 06:27PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
nigel
Okay, my stream recording turned out pretty good. I've included the tMG solo set and the tMG + A4 stuff.

Get her while she's hot!

128kbps, stereo m4a, minimal transcoding—sounds decent but pretty crappy nonetheless. Here's hoping nyctaper pulls through!

great work nigel. thanks.

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]
March 26, 2012 06:45PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
hail st. sebastian packs a real punch. i love the pithy chorus. its alight! i think that bride and hail st sebastian harken back to the simpler earlier stuff - saying a lot in few words. so i'm fond of those.

the anonymous 4 collar is fantastic. i can't wait to pick over the lyrics when the album gets released. this may sound a bit crass but i think the subject of mental illness is a really interesting/powerful subject for him to deal with. i love how tMG gives a voice to the voiceless/outsiders. tis really cool about the anonymous 4 stuff being from ennaeus (sp?). i wonder did JD arrange the lyrics for anonymous 4?

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]
March 26, 2012 08:40PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
The program says "in special arrangements for guitar, piano and voices by Owen Pallett"

March 26, 2012 10:01PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
March 26, 2012 10:14PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I listened to the livestream. I was ridiculously happy to hear things at the actual same time John was singing them! It just felt real special! (Yeah, I've never been to a concert.)
Anyhow,I saw the setlist, and was somehow absolutely convinced that the title Counterfeit Florida Plates referred to tectonic plates. The moment when I realized it was not about falsifying pieces of the earth's curst was rather sad.
March 26, 2012 10:18PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
oh yeah I remember that! any idea of what the setlist was?
truth be told I'm a little happy our conglomerate of people didn't win

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 10:18PM by dollabill.
March 27, 2012 12:24AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
BARELY RELEVANT, but I loved this show so much, and I love listening to its recording so much that I made fake album art for it since it's going to get a lot of iTunes/mobile device play. It's below in miniature form, or it's Here in full-size form if anyone wants to use it too.

do you like robots?
March 28, 2012 04:11AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
nigel
Okay, my stream recording turned out pretty good. I've included the tMG solo set and the tMG + A4 stuff.

Get her while she's hot!

128kbps, stereo m4a, minimal transcoding—sounds decent but pretty crappy nonetheless. Here's hoping nyctaper pulls through!
sweet thanks a bunch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 04:11AM by ocean.
March 28, 2012 04:19AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Reed
[scrapbook.elizabethweinberg.com]
super duper awesome!
March 28, 2012 04:27AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
and yeah erik if i dont see yours soon i'm coming to get you
March 28, 2012 02:24PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Nigel's recording is great, but there's also this:

[www.npr.org]#

Haven't figured out how to save it as a file yet, though.

[[b]Later[/b]:] Ooops, figured it out. Don't know the etiquette of announcing where, but there's an mp3 file lurking in the markup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 02:29PM by AKMA.
March 28, 2012 02:40PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
AKMA
Nigel's recording is great, but there's also this:

[www.npr.org]#

Haven't figured out how to save it as a file yet, though.

[[b]Later[/b]:] Ooops, figured it out. Don't know the etiquette of announcing where, but there's an mp3 file lurking in the markup.

Yeah, just saw that... is that the same stream Nigel ripped earlier? Definitely includes the encore this time. It's sadly only hosted at 128, but as nice as mine sounds, this is definitely better in that A4 were woefully low in the room mix. JD's banter sounds way better, too. I'll still post mine when I can get it cut up, but I have to cop to the fact that this may be a better bet.
March 29, 2012 07:06PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Listening for the first time, here.

My god, this is BEAUTIFUL

If you're debating whether to listen or not, trust me you don't want to miss this.
March 30, 2012 11:29PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Okay, so I dug around the npr site and found a direct-download mp3 file (one transcode source eliminated), then I used mp3DirectCut to split the files without transcoding. So, this copy I'm posting sounds better but, for some reason, the file does not have Night Light or Spend Gladiator II. They seamlessly cut them out by tacking the banter from the end of Spent Gladiator II to the end of Until I Am Whole. I have no idea why they'd go through the trouble to do that. So, I left it without those two songs since it would take some nasty transcoding to seam it up with the cut songs. I just put nigel's rip of the cut songs in a separate folder in the download.

The background humming and high-pitched whine is much, much quieter in this copy but, again, those two songs are cut.

[www.mediafire.com]
March 30, 2012 11:48PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
butter
Okay, so I dug around the npr site and found a direct-download mp3 file (one transcode source eliminated), then I used mp3DirectCut to split the files without transcoding. So, this copy I'm posting sounds better but, for some reason, the file does not have Night Light or Spend Gladiator II. They seamlessly cut them out by tacking the banter from the end of Spent Gladiator II to the end of Until I Am Whole. I have no idea why they'd go through the trouble to do that. So, I left it without those two songs since it would take some nasty transcoding to seam it up with the cut songs. I just put nigel's rip of the cut songs in a separate folder in the download.

The background humming and high-pitched whine is much, much quieter in this copy but, again, those two songs are cut.

[www.mediafire.com]

Fascinating! I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes with that edit.

I'm glad we can get a slightly better recording via direct download mp3 from npr.org, and I'm also glad it was still worth ripping the stream live. Good work, butter!

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 31, 2012 11:38AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
thanks!
March 31, 2012 11:47PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I finally had time to give it a proper listen. I've listened to bits and pieces here and there, but I had a nice long drive today so I got to sit in my car and listen to the whole thing from intro to end.

Fucking amazing. I've not heard of Anonymous 4 before this, but adding them into the mix for the album preview was just geinus. I love this, and I can't wait for the new album.
April 05, 2012 12:35PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Thanks to everyone who put work into making this show available. Very kind of all of you.
April 05, 2012 04:25PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
AKMA

Hi there - I really don't get what you mean. Can you explain this? It's not only that I would like to get this mp3, but I just want to know how this works to understand the wonderful world of internet technology...

Thanks a lot!
April 05, 2012 05:12PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
is there any mountain goats on that stream?

sounds like a bunch of girls singing in latin.

c'mon, let's get this place hoppin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 05:13PM by mike10k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014