Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night

March 24, 2012 10:23PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Thanks Nigel! You're speedy.

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 10:29PM by justin23000.
March 24, 2012 10:35PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
awesome, thanks!
March 24, 2012 10:43PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
So has "Hail St. Sebastian" been heard before this? Because i'm finding nothing and that "2009" is throwing me.
March 24, 2012 11:40PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Remy
So has "Hail St. Sebastian" been heard before this? Because i'm finding nothing and that "2009" is throwing me.

Wondering the exact same thing.
March 24, 2012 11:46PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Nice meeting some of you tonight.
March 25, 2012 12:19AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Holy shit guys, this was kickass. What a blast.

Thanks to everybody I hung out with for good times.
March 25, 2012 12:21AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Great recording, Nigel! Thanks for the speedy rip, it's grrrreat!

It's just a noise. A noise you hear. When everything is awesome
March 25, 2012 12:22AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Finally home. I just started listening, and the sound quality is fine to me. Thanks nigel!
March 25, 2012 12:34AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Nigel, you are the best. Thank you so much!

[www.last.fm]
March 25, 2012 12:49AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
This was a really incredible show. There were some parts of the combined performance that were not quite right, but that's how weird cool shows like tonight work, I guess. I was disappointed that he forgot Cut Off Their Thumbs during the solo set, so he decided to play that as the encore, instead of Soft Targets, which it looked like he was about to play, until someone called out for COTT.

That said, I do love COTT. Counterfeit Florida Plates or Lakeside View Apartments Suite were roughly tied for my fave combined song, with CFP edging out for the victory, it really felt like everything came together perfectly for the last two songs. It was so great to watch him fanboy'ing throughout the show, you could really see how excited he was.

I'm dl'ing Nigel's rip now, excited to hear it again, and burn the new songs into my memory forever, so I can be disappointed when the album comes out, when A4 is no longer in them. Here's hoping they tour together sometime!

~SL

Edit: @Remy: He mentioned something about writing it a couple years ago, and putting it away, in the hopes that it would drag itself back up from the dead someday. I thought it was a great song, but on the simple side, like "You Were Cool" not quite enough song to make it onto an album, IMO, but a nice little tMG short.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 12:53AM by SecareLupus.
March 25, 2012 01:02AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Thanks nigel! Glad someone was able to get a recording, the time difference meant I only got to hear the first few songs "live" before I had to leave for a bit
March 25, 2012 01:26AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Thank you, SecareLupus! Sounds like a brilliant show; thanks to Nigel for the recording!
March 25, 2012 03:27AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
i am glad to have heard this. thank you jd, owen, anonymous 4, and nigel. there is little that can compare with tMG being arranged by Owen Pallett with a medieval choir. i only wish the album could have been recorded in a similar manner, but i'll accept this with grace, even if it is lacking the promised Cut Off Their Thumbs. in other words, awesome.
edit: and right after this post i'm treated to reading cormac mccarthy mentioning denton tx in no country for old men. hail satan.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 03:39AM by aigneymie.
March 25, 2012 07:49AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Did anyone manage to snag the encore? Seeing Cut off their Thumbs on the set list kind of made my heart skip a beat... Bummed when he forgot it in the early set...

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
March 25, 2012 07:51AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
i'm not listening to this as i want total surprise when they come to London but after reading some of the responses in this thread, i am now so fucking stoked for April thumbs down

let's get dressed up in costumes and dance by the bar.
March 25, 2012 08:10AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
nigel
m4a

m4a?! angry smiley *rage quits!*

Also, thank you! Debating whether I want to listen to the new songs or wait until the album. Seems a bit odd that JD chose to perform them on a show being live streamed, since he has seemed to prefer that new songs stay un-"bootlegged" until the album they're on has been released.

Why's everyone in this thread a f***ing Mountain Goats fan?!

Kirkeby KritikkKvitter
March 25, 2012 08:33AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
justin23000
Did anyone manage to snag the encore? Seeing Cut off their Thumbs on the set list kind of made my heart skip a beat... Bummed when he forgot it in the early set...

I don't think the encore was broadcast. The fade-out at the end of Counterfeit Florida Plates was part of the radio's thing and the next thing on the radio station was their normal programming.

But MAN... I'd take Soft Targets over Cut off Their Thumbs any day! I guess that's not a popular opinion.

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 25, 2012 09:23AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
EvilEivind
Also, thank you! Debating whether I want to listen to the new songs or wait until the album. Seems a bit odd that JD chose to perform them on a show being live streamed, since he has seemed to prefer that new songs stay un-"bootlegged" until the album they're on has been released.

I think JD said recently that stressing about bootlegs getting out was too much trouble, so he was trying not to worry about it so much for this tour/album. He said he missed just being able to play new stuff right away.
March 25, 2012 10:21AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
The radio station that streamed the song also archives the whole show live on their site, so I'm guessing the whole show with encores will be up there in a couple of days.

That being said, I also have a not-very-good recording (the volume of the show was so ridiculously low) that can be shared with discretion among the nice people of this forum if there is interest. It won't be on nyctaper.com for obvious reasons.
March 25, 2012 11:46AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Dan, there is definitely interest! I can't wait to hear what you've got. Thank you for your generous offer to share!

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 25, 2012 01:02PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
EvilEivind

More of a new rule in town...from the front page:

"One small word about these shows. For years bands have been pretty judicious about playing unreleased new material, because much of it becomes available online immediately, even when the new songs are still in fairly raw form. We, too, have gotten into the bad habit of holding new stuff back. We are done with that whole philosophy, though. I miss playing stuff that's unreleased & unrecorded, stuff that still stings fresh. So we got together and decided to tour the new songs before we even record them. I don't guess that we'll be touring all ten of the new songs I've written for the next album (eleven if you count one that's presently being herded back and forth between its cell & the chopping block), but be advised that if you're the sort of person who wants as many surprises as possible when you hear a new album, you should tread lightly around recordings of these shows, because we're not going to be holding the best ones back for the album release like people tend to do now."

We are the ones who don't slow down at all...
March 25, 2012 03:29PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Personally, hearing these songs live and bootlegged just makes me more excited for the finished product. I will buy it on CD and vinyl.
March 25, 2012 07:31PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
whoa, hey all! long time no see! feel like an idiot for not checking in; it woulda been fun to see some of you at that otherwise super-awkward reception. then it would have been good-awkward.

fyi I was gonna keep this low because he basically played the whole new record but seeing as it's floating in various forms I'd be delighted to share the wealth: I took an absolutely ballin bootleg (if I do say so m'self) of this from a few rows back. now it'll be a hot minute before it gets up because I'm awful particular about my editing and the applause is WAY too loud in comparison, which is gonna take some sleight-of-hand to fix without jarring amplification transitions, but it will exist, in not too long, and then it will be here. because you folks are nice, and I like you, and it's fun to share good things. (it will be 320 kbps in case yer into that sort of thing)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 07:33PM by erikdardan.
March 25, 2012 08:25PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
So many bootlegs, so much joy.
March 25, 2012 10:08PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
erikdardan
(it will be 320 kbps in case yer into that sort of thing)

You are the best kind of person. Thank you SO much! Everyone!

[www.last.fm]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014