Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night

March 24, 2012 12:03AM | tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
From the band's facebook page: This is tomorrow night in NY. The show is sold out but Q2 Music is streaming it live for those of you without tickets or who aren't in NYC!

[kaufman-center.org]
(stream link at top of event description)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 12:05AM by Drumhax.
March 24, 2012 12:55AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Drumhax
From the band's facebook page: This is tomorrow night in NY. The show is sold out but Q2 Music is streaming it live for those of you without tickets or who aren't in NYC!

You are awesome. I wish I was around tomorrow to record it; hopefully they'll stream it after the concert again as well.

Really looking forward to hearing the new stuff with Anonymous 4.
March 24, 2012 08:41AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Yess!

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
March 24, 2012 09:26AM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I'll be watching live. Anyone with the capabilities planning on making an audio and/or video recording for posterity and those unfortunate folks who have things to do on a Saturday night other than hover around the home computer? smiling smiley

Alternatively, if someone can tell me what I need and what to do, I'll do the recording.
March 24, 2012 04:02PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I'm planning to record audio—I don't think video is going to be streamed at all.

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 24, 2012 06:33PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I was wondering about that. I'll try to capture audio too . . .

justindaley.bandcamp.com
March 24, 2012 07:05PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night

Read the program notes.

Anonymous 4
Lection: Apocalypse 21:1-5

The Lord’s Prayer (John Tavener)

Motet: Salve virgo regia/Ave gloriosa mater/[DOMINO]
Motet: Gaude virgo nobilis/Verbum caro factum/ET VERITATE
Benedicamus domino: Belial vocatur

Conductus: Nicholai presulis
Song: Novus Annus Adiit
Trope: Gratulantes celebremus festum

The Scientist (Richard Einhorn)

Religious Ballad: Wayfaring Stranger
Folk hymn: Parting Friends

Intermission

The Mountain Goats
Tribe of the Horned Heart (2012)
Bride (2009)
In the Shadow of the Western Hills (2012)
Slow West Vultures (2007)
Hail St. Sebastian (2009)
Your Belgian Things (2004)
Cut Off Their Thumbs (year unknown)
Moon Over Goldsboro (2006)
1 John 4:16 (2009)
Enoch 18:14 (2009)

The Mountain Goats & Anonymous 4
Transcendental Youth: New Songs by the Mountain Goats (all songs 2012)
in special arrangements for guitar, piano and voices by Owen Pallett

Until I Am Whole
Night Light
Spent Gladiator II
Transcendental Youth
In Memory of Satan
White Cedar
Lakeside View Apartments Suite
Counterfeit Florida Plates

Program for tonight.
March 24, 2012 07:18PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
I'm SO pumped for this... seeing the program only makes it more exciting.

I'm recording the stream, but the best quality I could find is 96kbps mono, so that is rather disappointing. I'm hoping some 133t audio person in NYC is capturing a stream from the actual radio, which is undoubtedly higher quality.

nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 24, 2012 07:19PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
This sounds like it will be absolutely amazing. Nigel, I hope you post the audio of this! THAT SETLIST.

[www.last.fm]
March 24, 2012 07:20PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
nigel
the best quality I could find is 96kbps mono

wat. Here's to hoping the leet music person comes through!

[www.last.fm]
March 24, 2012 07:28PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Anyone who's recording, please post. I'm at work and I think my boss would frown on me using the pharmacy terminal to listen to a concert.
March 24, 2012 07:47PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
killebrew

Hail St. Sebastian (2009)

What is this?!

ETA: It sounds like nyctaper is going to be there recording, which is wonderful and unsurprising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 07:49PM by Remy.
March 24, 2012 07:49PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Oh crap, this is starting heavy. I better light some candles...

justindaley.bandcamp.com
March 24, 2012 08:37PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Wait....

BRIDE! Are you kidding me?! After all the times ive yelled for that one, he's playing it TONIGHT! And im in no way able to listen to the stream right now!

Seriously.

Bride.

*sigh*

wtf.

ETA: First time thats ever been played live, iirc.

"A tiger rose growing through your prison door
Reaching for sunlight, can't see it anymore"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 08:50PM by Mtn. Girl.
March 24, 2012 08:49PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
it was pretty awesome too. eye popping smiley
March 24, 2012 08:52PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Thank you killebrew.

Thank you.

tongue sticking out smiley

winking smiley

I can only imagine.

Literally.

"A tiger rose growing through your prison door
Reaching for sunlight, can't see it anymore"
March 24, 2012 09:04PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
re: In the Shadow of the Western Hills

"i couldn't get a satisfying bridge until about four days ago."

so, i guess it won't be on the record. too bad. it's good.

didn't care for Hail St. Sebastian. not a particularly poetic or interesting angle on things he has written about many times before.
March 24, 2012 09:09PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Oh man, no thumbs?

justindaley.bandcamp.com
March 24, 2012 09:29PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
holy shit Spent Gladiator II! way to be. i hope this is being recorded.
March 24, 2012 09:45PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Fantastic show. I'm slicing the tracks now and will have my recording uploaded as soon as I can!

nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 24, 2012 09:50PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
If Bride has never been played live, how has anyone heard it?
March 24, 2012 09:55PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
leez34
If Bride has never been played live, how has anyone heard it?

[www.mountain-goats.com]
March 24, 2012 09:58PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Got it, thanks a lot!

Are there other individually released studio songs like this one available somewhere? I remember he posted one on Twitter last year.
March 24, 2012 10:14PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Okay, my stream recording turned out pretty good. I've included the tMG solo set and the tMG + A4 stuff.

Get her while she's hot!

128kbps, stereo m4a, minimal transcoding—sounds decent but pretty crappy nonetheless. Here's hoping nyctaper pulls through!

nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 24, 2012 10:17PM | Re: tMG / Anonymous 4 show to be streamed live tomorrow night
Thanks for posting a rip, Nigel! It'd be nice to get a nyctaper copy too.

It was an awesome set. I'd like to see Anonymous 4 on a song for the new album.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014