Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New here

February 24, 2012 02:06AM | New here
Hello everyone who reads this.

I just wanted to say that the level of sweetness amongst the members of this forum is endearing and even inspiring. There are a lot of Mountain Goats songs I have never heard. This april I'll be road tripping with my girlfriend from Mass all the way to Southwood Plantation Road. I think I'll listen to the songs I don't know yet (and probably also the ones I do) while we drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia and North Carolina. If you don't know what the Blue Ridge Parkway is, you have a good opportunity to discover why google images exists. My hope is that once I know all the albums, I will be a productive member on this forum. Anyway. See you later.

-Lucas
February 24, 2012 02:21AM | Re: New here
Well, I guess stating I was new around here was superfluous seeing as I did not post this in the appropriate section. Sorry. This is awfully embarassing... eye rolling smiley
February 24, 2012 03:15AM | Re: New here
welcome, darling <3
February 24, 2012 03:57AM | Re: New here
playing fast and loose with sections is fine by me.

welcome.

let's get dressed up in costumes and dance by the bar.
February 24, 2012 04:30AM | Re: New here
Hi Lucas,

welcome, and no pressure: I am a productive member of this forum and don't know half of the albums! winking smiley

And once you are in Southwood Plantation Road, take photos and post them here. I guess I'll never go there, being from Europe...

Cheers, Doc
February 24, 2012 07:37AM | Re: New here
Welcome! Yes please take some photos! What a great idea. Also check out the mountain goats google map of every place referenced in a song. You could stop at some of those places along the way.
February 24, 2012 10:18AM | Re: New here
Ooh, taking pictures! Maybe I'll borrow my friends nice camera for that... smiling smiley Also, good suggestion, Colin; I'll look into it.
February 24, 2012 03:02PM | Re: New here
It's somewhere here a few pages back. If you just go like 2 3 or 4 pages back you'll find it.
February 24, 2012 08:26PM | Re: New here
this one!

justindaley.bandcamp.com
feearsofthemammoth.bandcamp.com
February 26, 2012 12:34PM | Re: New here
Welcome Lucas-

I do know all the albums and I'm not a productive member of the forum!!

Hail Satan!
February 26, 2012 07:43PM | Re: New here
I'm new too! Nice to meet you. smiling smiley
February 27, 2012 01:48AM | Re: New here
Hey buddy (I'm not your buddy, pal).

I'm new here also, have listened to all the albums but don't "know" about half that well. I mainly joined to try and get a feel for what I can expect when I go to the Sydney show. This forum has already been an invaluable source of information.
February 27, 2012 09:54PM | Re: New here
I figure I'll take this time to introduce myself as well.

Been lurking here for almost 2 years now, and I've finally gotten over my fear of being kidnapped and murdered.
So, Hello!
February 28, 2012 12:44AM | Re: New here
February 28, 2012 01:37AM | Re: New here
I've started a craze. smiling smiley
February 28, 2012 01:40AM | Re: New here
hey, SWV! We finally get to launch that plan to kidnap and murder Goat-Tier! Two years of planning, coming to fruition!

(wait, did I e-mail this, or post it on the forum?)

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 28, 2012 01:41AM | Re: New here
by the way, welcome everyone.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 28, 2012 03:40AM | Re: New here
WILD CREATURE! ERASE YOUR POST BEFORE HE SEES IT!

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 03:42AM by SlowWestVulture.
February 28, 2012 07:59AM | Re: New here
I was kidnapped two years ago just in front of my house, and now my only life is here in these forums. No trace left of me in the real world.

Welcome everybody!
February 28, 2012 06:39PM | Re: New here
When I'm dead, just make sure to use my bones as bludgeoning-tools for future victims.

I AM GOING TO BE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY, DEAD OR ALIVE!
February 28, 2012 07:07PM | Re: New here
Goat-Tier
When I'm dead, just make sure to use my bones as bludgeoning-tools for future victims.

We were planning on using your bones to raise a tower to broadcast all our dark posts.

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.
February 28, 2012 08:48PM | Re: New here
SlowWestVulture
Goat-Tier

We were planning on using your bones to raise a tower to broadcast all our dark posts.
Oh, the tMG forums. Always on the line between creepy and endearing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 47 on October 24, 2014