Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ZOOP! III News!

February 24, 2012 02:00AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
What a sweet spot when my body still expected it to cut out and it didn't!
My mum was telling me at the weekend how my dad once got her SJH's autograph, and I intended to play her the clip when I got home - now I'll play her the whole thing. Thank you!

midgoat
February 24, 2012 03:39AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
If there isn't another ZOOP I will honestly be crushed. ever since i first joined the forums that was the thing that made me come back even though it would sometimes be the same for weeks at a time, as sad as this may sound it's my pilgrimage. As far as I'm concerned tMG are the band that has singlehandedly changed my life more than anything else. I've never been as excited as when i got to see them in Toronto last year. I would do anything to be able to go back in time and attend the other ZOOPs but as the modern prescribed understanding of time as linear makes that impossible, my only hope is to pray that there will be another one eventually. it's probably as close to Nirvana as I will ever see and to be given another chance would make my year if not decade if not life.
February 24, 2012 10:51AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
Mr Glass
What were you doing in his uncles house?

e-punching my crotch whilst peeing in my shoe, thuswise attaining "the weirdest boner."

ETA: don't google "the weirdest boner."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 10:52AM by mike10k.
February 24, 2012 10:59AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
StatusFrustratio
My mum was telling me at the weekend how my dad once got her SJH's autograph

super cool! Did you ever see American Hot Wax, where SJH played himself and sang I Put a Spell on You. It is totally worth seeking out, for that alone. the rest of the movie is a little thick, but the music is right on.

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
February 24, 2012 03:45PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
Wild Creature
StatusFrustratio
My mum was telling me at the weekend how my dad once got her SJH's autograph

super cool! Did you ever see American Hot Wax, where SJH played himself and sang I Put a Spell on You. It is totally worth seeking out, for that alone. the rest of the movie is a little thick, but the music is right on.
Nope! But we do telly or films at the weekend so I'll add that to our list, ta!

midgoat
February 25, 2012 07:06PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
ALEX. W.T.F.

but honestly, i've given up my anticipation of a third zoop. haven't given up my hopes, but i really don't think it's going to happen, for a lot of the reasons that have already been mentioned - the dynamic has changed, etc etc. i was actually just thinking about it yesterday, i would LOVE to go again.. i just don't think it's gonna happen sad smiley
March 01, 2012 01:09PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
what nutopia said. i'd donate essential organs to charity for there to be a third zoop, but i think there's just too big of a following these days for it to actually happen.

John
it was actually 2 7"s btw and the mastering date was 5/1, I cancelled it this a.m.
This is why you should be nice to everyone.
March 01, 2012 02:00PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
i'm just happy to see acow post...

The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone. - Martin Amis
March 01, 2012 07:08PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
Wild Creature
i'm just happy to see acow post...

oh wc. makin me feel all warm n fuzzy <3

John
it was actually 2 7"s btw and the mastering date was 5/1, I cancelled it this a.m.
This is why you should be nice to everyone.
March 03, 2012 06:55PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
I asked the magic 8 ball if there would be zoop this year:

Not likely.
March 04, 2012 10:50PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
acowkickedme
what nutopia said. i'd donate essential organs to charity for there to be a third zoop, but i think there's just too big of a following these days for it to actually happen.
I dunno, but is the following really that much bigger since two years ago? It's hard to really get numbers on this kinda thing. Also, there's only so many tent spaces at Watkins Glenn so they could just do a first come first served deally. I'm pretty sure that's what they did last ZOOP.
ETA: Oops, just read the rest of this thread. But most concerts are first come first served so I know some people would be disappointed but that's how this sort of thing usually works. Weren't there any people last time who didn't sign up in time and so didn't get to go?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 09:23AM by Eidyia.
March 05, 2012 03:22AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
If there was another Zoop, I would actually fly from NZ to get to it. SIGH.

Edit: I can't believe tMG are actually skipping over NZ in their Australian tour this time. 'NOTHER SIGH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 03:25AM by iatethelotus.
March 06, 2012 05:46AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
The title of this thread was misleading and terrifically depressing.

That said, if there's a zoop this year, I am prepared to get in my car, drain my bank accounts, and drive all night to be there whether I find out a hour before, a day before, or a month before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 05:47AM by Sethie.
March 09, 2012 07:41PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

"Don't hold your breath for Zoop 3." -John Darnielle, 03/09/2012

What I spend a lot of my free time doing.
March 09, 2012 10:54PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
little insect
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

"Don't hold your breath for Zoop 3." -John Darnielle, 03/09/2012

BURN 'EM! AT THE STAKE! (The bearer of this bad news, NOT JD). >_>

[www.last.fm]
March 09, 2012 11:39PM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
You're at 35d liza? Ask JD why he's being a jerk we need to complete the trilogy.

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

Laughin Out Loud
March 10, 2012 12:33AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
I'm not in Denton, but I can quote Natalie's tweets.

What I spend a lot of my free time doing.
March 10, 2012 01:51AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
Complete the trilogy: sad smiley sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 01:52AM by shlack.
March 11, 2012 09:38AM | Re: ZOOP! III News!
little insect
I'm not in Denton, but I can quote Natalie's tweets.

Natalie doesn't seem the type to misquote JD on purpose so that she can still be first to get reservations when it DOES pop up?

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

Laughin Out Loud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014