Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Curtains

February 20, 2012 12:20AM | The Curtains
You know what they are. Curtains with a huge beautiful JD face in them. They are up for trade. The options are Coroners Gambit on white vinyl, a CCTTST, Jam Eater Blues, or a clear record depending on what it is. To be fair I will post pics later in the week. The store that I work at does printing and such so I have to spend my break time getting them done. We'll see what happens. Also I can make a few for around your house depending on how good your offer is.
February 20, 2012 12:50AM | Re: The Curtains
pics or it didn't et cetera

beep boop
February 20, 2012 03:05AM | Re: The Curtains
Does the carpet match the curtains?
February 20, 2012 09:22AM | Re: The Curtains
This is so classic!!!! I'm curious to see if people will buy them. They might just. It's a pretty hilarious novelty item.
ETA: Also, I hate to be a naysayer but I'm not sure if you can legally sell these curtains. It sounds kinda weird I know but I'm pretty sure an artist's image (i.e. their face) is sort of a part of their "brand." What I mean is, the reason these curtains would sell is because they're John Darnielle curtains and they remind people of the Mountain Goats. I don't say this to be a jerk. I say this because I didn't want you to wind up with a whole bunch of curtains that you can't legally sell. Maybe I'm completely wrong and you can legally sell them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 09:27AM by Eidyia.
February 20, 2012 01:46PM | Re: The Curtains
That's okay, I've got Silver Jews curtains.

Well I've got blue curtains, pink cloth and black and grey fabric paint, but it's coming together.

midgoat
February 20, 2012 01:49PM | Re: The Curtains
Yes, but can I gaze out through them at the parking lot?

Mercy for the Diaz Brothers!
February 20, 2012 01:59PM | Re: The Curtains
@Eidyia. I guess it would come down to if John cares. I don't want to do something that would be somehow taking away from him. I'm just trying to have a bit of fun. I feel like he wouldn't care though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 02:02PM by ColinFeely.
February 20, 2012 02:19PM | Re: The Curtains
Oh, I thought this was a joke. Yeah, you really can't be peddling wares with someone's face on them without their knowledge.

We are the ones who don't slow down at all...
February 20, 2012 08:54PM | Re: The Curtains
ColinFeely
@Eidyia. I guess it would come down to if John cares. I don't want to do something that would be somehow taking away from him. I'm just trying to have a bit of fun. I feel like he wouldn't care though.
Yeah, I think he would. Before he left the forums, he told us that he didn't want anyone to sell any Mountain Goats tees, posters, etc. without his permission. But if you want to make some JD curtains for yourself I'm sure that would be completely fine and dandy smiling smiley
Just figured I'd let you know what JD's told us b.c. you're new 'round here so how would you know? grinning smiley
February 20, 2012 09:09PM | Re: The Curtains
if that's the case i'll just hold on to them. i'll post some pictures of them later.
February 21, 2012 07:58PM | Re: The Curtains
ColinFeely
if that's the case i'll just hold on to them. i'll post some pictures of them later.
Please do put them up smiling smiley I'm sure they're hilarious.
February 22, 2012 06:24PM | Re: The Curtains
Eidyia
ColinFeely
Yeah, I think he would. Before he left the forums, he told us that he didn't want anyone to sell any Mountain Goats tees, posters, etc. without his permission. But if you want to make some JD curtains for yourself I'm sure that would be completely fine and dandy smiling smiley
Just figured I'd let you know what JD's told us b.c. you're new 'round here so how would you know? grinning smiley

well, selling self-made tmg stuff is different from trading it for memorobilia. that said, people making curtains with my face on them would definitely creep me out a bit
February 22, 2012 06:27PM | Re: The Curtains
It would creep me out too, especially considering the fact that for the longest time I was mentally picturing these "curtains" as shower curtains for the longest time? No idea why. Having JD watch me shower brings a whole new level to creepiness.

got into the house
got the curtains drawn
got into the the shower with all my clothes on
hey! hey! let the water come down!

...would also take on a whole new weird meaning.

[www.last.fm]
February 23, 2012 09:31AM | Re: The Curtains
It'd be like having JD as a houseguest. I bet he'd be the best houseguest you've ever had.
February 23, 2012 09:37AM | Re: The Curtains
bobmonkeycool
Eidyia
ColinFeely

well, selling self-made tmg stuff is different from trading it for memorobilia.
Oh right! Good point. Didn't think of that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 45 on October 20, 2014