Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can I find those covers?

February 04, 2012 06:43PM | Where can I find those covers?
Hmm, so this is embarrassing because I don't like making a scene, and also there is probably post exactly like this... somewhere... I tried searching, but now I'm so tired. So here you are, another thing to do:

I understand that The Mountain Goats have done at least several thousand covers, and I've heard some (and liked them, obviously, In particular No Surprises.) But there are others. Others I must have - namely, anything from the Smiths, and definitely 'Cut Your Hair' by Pavement. I have a particular dedication to this song. I spent two hours carefully de-scratching my copy of the vinyl single (for those of you who think I'm a miracle worker, I say de-scratching but they were essentially slight grazes which kept the needle jumping. Still...) But I really, really need to hear tMG's cover. Really.

I'm not even after a free copy. Just being able to listen to it, would be lovely. Thanks you guys.
thegreengecko
February 04, 2012 06:50PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
If you ever go on Grooveshark, they have "Cut Your Hair" on there.
February 04, 2012 07:33PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
Heya! Darlin'..., this is a great fun show. I would encourage listening to the whole thing.
Dunno about the Smiths, but there was a Suedehead cover on the Kaki King tour, I think, if you can find that show.
If you haven't yet, take Houseguest into a rather creepy little corner of your heart.

midgoat
February 04, 2012 07:34PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
Sounds good, but grooveshark doesn't seem to load, and I can't get compatability. Sorry sad smiley
February 04, 2012 07:39PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
What'd'ja mean by compatibility?

midgoat
February 04, 2012 07:44PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
Sorry. My words are getting mixed up. I meant basically the website is just not working on my computer. Not even in a super slow way. Like a "feel-unloved" way.

Thanks StatusF, thank you lots and lots xD

You people are wonderful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 07:48PM by thegreengecko.
February 04, 2012 07:52PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
I see, I see - I am sure (=hope) it's not personal! And no problem; enjoy the show!

midgoat
February 04, 2012 11:00PM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
I have tMG covering pavement on mytumblr.
February 05, 2012 12:33AM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
February 06, 2012 08:04AM | Re: Where can I find those covers?
Hi there, Greengecko,

welcome and thank you for opening this thread - you made an old Doc pretty happy! And also, of course, thanks to all of you posting those links!!!

Cheers, Doc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014