Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question from John for MG People

February 24, 2007 04:35AM | Re: Question from John for MG People
clare
Can't promise crazy Trans-Pacific fandom

Oh, I can. I can and I will. If it means I have to sell a kidney and all my cds, I will.
February 24, 2007 05:17AM | Re: Question from John for MG People
My vacation time at work is so saved for this. Sounds awesome, hope it really happens smiling smiley
February 24, 2007 06:45AM | Re: Question from John for MG People
This sounds like a great idea. I personally think you should do it somewhere like Snowdonia or the Brecon Beacons or the Lake District though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2007 06:45AM by Zopilote Steel.
February 24, 2007 09:00AM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I'd totally go... there's not too many all-ages shows going around. And it'll only be like an 8 hour drive for me, if it is in fact in New York.
February 24, 2007 10:35AM | Re: Question from John for MG People
How upstate are you talking about. I find bands of the more "indie rock" persuasions tend not to be that popular up here. Upstate new york seems to be exclusivly into hardcore and metal. It's hard to find someone with similar music tastes to me in my town. But, however, I do know for a fact that there are quite a few Mountain Goats fans in my county, and that if you were to play a show up here you could definitly get a nice intimate audience. I'm not sure how willing people would be to camp out though. I'll get some feedback from my fellow upstate New York friends if you'd like.
February 24, 2007 12:14PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I spoke with my father, a mountain goat fan, avid camper, world-traveler, and ex-hippy, today and he said that this sounds like a blast, and you can count us in for sure!

Eeeeeeeeeee, I hope this happens.
February 24, 2007 12:15PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
jebreject
I think provided there's enough notice, I would be willing and able to do this

(And maybe it'd be a good time to do that LPTJ-related thing some of us have been talking about as well?)
if it's in upstate, i'll be bumming my friends car, so just make it to brooklyn!
February 24, 2007 12:15PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Wow, an Upstate summer show sounds amazing, I would absolutely make the trip (from Philly). I so hope this happens for the upcoming summer, it'd be kinda wonderful and all that stuff. Is it too hippie/daydreamy to suggest planning it for late summer during meteor shower season? I mean, how cool would that be?
February 24, 2007 12:26PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
jebreject
I think provided there's enough notice, I would be willing and able to do this

(And maybe it'd be a good time to do that LPTJ-related thing some of us have been talking about as well?)

If this and the LPTJ thing are within a fortnight of one another I'd be very happy and very very there. Not sure I'd be able to afford two return London to New York trips.
February 24, 2007 12:55PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Yes! I will schedule my summer around it. It is decided!
February 24, 2007 01:13PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
john, i would climb up the adirondack mountains or swim across the fingerlakes to see a remote show in upstate new york with you playing.

and i can guarantee about five to ten of my buffalo friends who aren't posters here would come too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2007 01:14PM by western new york.
February 24, 2007 01:28PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
clare
Besides, we've got Tim Tams. And they come in choc raspberry flavour now. Tempting?

Yum, I just bought some Tim Tams from an importer last week. I do love me some Tim Tams.
February 24, 2007 01:40PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
We would bring a whole pack of MG fans from Pennsylvania! Are we talking Ithaca here? Back to my Alma Mater! We can't wait to hear the details!!!
February 24, 2007 01:42PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
hell yeah!

i live a little south of Buffalo, so i'll be there. and the camping part doesn't bother me at all. hell, i work at a state park campsite... it better not bother me.
February 24, 2007 02:34PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
alexandra
if it's in upstate, i'll be bumming my friends car, so just make it to brooklyn!

i've been returning to brooklyn ever since i left
February 24, 2007 03:38PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
would totally be up for it! uh, could you make that fall between spring/summer or summer/fall semesters at school =P
February 24, 2007 04:04PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
How upstate are we talking? North of Albany?
February 24, 2007 07:00PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
It can be very lonely out west in the Summer. This NY gig would of course only serve to magnify that loneliness. But I'd be happy for those able to make it, of course.

Can I get a cookie in Portland next week instead?
February 24, 2007 07:34PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
clare
Mate, you're not arguing against Broome are you? I've been looking for an excuse to go there for ever. And in Northern Hemisphere summer, it's the perfect time to go!

Righto, let me hitch a ride with you and I will go to Broome. I will go on the roofracks if there is no space.

In all honesty though, Uni timetable permitting, I'd drive just about anywhere in Australia to see something like this. I'd hope it'd be in the summer so I could make an extended holiday roadtrip of it.

I think I will stop planning something that is so incredibly hypothetical now.

(also Tim Tams ftw)
February 24, 2007 08:25PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I just wanna throw my hell yeah! into this. Upstate NY is a good location. I'm been to plenty of hippie festival crap up there.
February 24, 2007 10:39PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
holy mother of god.

I'm so there. Seriously.

and consider the midwest, because it's a centralized location

and because I live there.

jk, new york seems logical
February 24, 2007 11:01PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Caliclimber
clare
Besides, we've got Tim Tams. And they come in choc raspberry flavour now. Tempting?

Yum, I just bought some Tim Tams from an importer last week. I do love me some Tim Tams.

They are good, the non-standard (flavoured) ones are the best. You folks know about the 'Tim Tam slam'? You bite off diagonal corners, put one end in your coffee, and the other in your mouth and suck like buggery, then shove the whole thing in your mouth before it falls into hopeless mush in your hands. It's great.
February 24, 2007 11:08PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
megan_d
clare
Can't promise crazy Trans-Pacific fandom

Oh, I can. I can and I will. If it means I have to sell a kidney and all my cds, I will.

See, Megan , I've done that. In 2003 I flew to Boston (what was I thinking) to see Simon&Garfunkel play a reunion gig. As far as I was concerned it was a once-in-a-lifetime gig. And it was great. I have no regrets. None. And my life changed irrevocably.

But I feel like I've done it. I know the Goats will come to me again, I don't feel like I need to move heaven and earth to go to them. Don't get me wrong, if John decides he can offer this kind of gig _anywhere_ in Aus I'll be there in a heartbeat (with Duncan on the roofracks, by the sounds of it - I wonder what he thinks of 6 year olds?) And I'll bring as many Goat-fans as I can!
February 24, 2007 11:26PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I would in all seriousness go any distance on earth to get to a show like that.
February 24, 2007 11:59PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
clare
You folks know about the 'Tim Tam slam'? You bite off diagonal corners, put one end in your coffee, and the other in your mouth and suck like buggery, then shove the whole thing in your mouth before it falls into hopeless mush in your hands. It's great.

I've wanted to try this but they seem to fall apart the second I dunk them into the coffee, so I have always been afraid that it would end up disastrously as a lump of inedible mush at the bottom of my cup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014