Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question from John for MG People

February 23, 2007 10:36PM | Question from John for MG People
Hey y'all. So listen up. For several years I've had this idea of trying to do a show someplace in the summer in a remote location where people who were (probably obviously) pretty hardcore could come out and maybe camp or something, or anyway make some kinda long trip and I'd play a solo set or two, maybe wandering into old songs and stuff, and it'd kinda be like a campfire-y sorta deal. Admittedly this idea smacks somewhat of teh hippie but what can you do. It could be fun. I might pass a hat around for charity and we could all just be doing the whole thing for the joy of music & giving 'n' all that.

It'd probably be in upstate New York. So what I wanna know is: do people think they'd be willing/able to make a trek for this kinda thing? Or would this be something where the three MG fans in the town would be all "fuck yes!" and the whole scene would otherwise be a wash? Obviously I'd be aiming for something kinda low-key, but it'd be the most fun if as many hardcore-lifer-types were able to come...I dunno. Tell me what y'all think!
February 23, 2007 10:37PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
oh if I didn't mention this in there this would be an admission-free all-ages deal though the charity aspect is very big in my mind, I thought of maybe soliciting donations for obscure songs so there could be a fan-constructed set or something
February 23, 2007 10:38PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Oh wow, that would be an incredible idea. I'd definitely travel all the way up to NYC to participate in this.
February 23, 2007 10:39PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I'll be there. I live in LA now but I have alot of family in Upstate NY. I'd make a whole trip out of it. Plus I love to camp. Count me in.
February 23, 2007 10:39PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
John
Hey y'all. So listen up. For several years I've had this idea of trying to do a show someplace in the summer in a remote location where people who were (probably obviously) pretty hardcore could come out and maybe camp or something, or anyway make some kinda long trip and I'd play a solo set or two, maybe wandering into old songs and stuff, and it'd kinda be like a campfire-y sorta deal. Admittedly this idea smacks somewhat of teh hippie but what can you do. It could be fun. I might pass a hat around for charity and we could all just be doing the whole thing for the joy of music & giving 'n' all that.

It'd probably be in upstate New York. So what I wanna know is: do people think they'd be willing/able to make a trek for this kinda thing? Or would this be something where the three MG fans in the town would be all "fuck yes!" and the whole scene would otherwise be a wash? Obviously I'd be aiming for something kinda low-key, but it'd be the most fun if as many hardcore-lifer-types were able to come...I dunno. Tell me what y'all think!
I can guarantee more than three! Camping, fire, and tMG? I live in Orange County, NY, and can pretty much say that if you did this, I could die happy.
February 23, 2007 10:43PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I would definitely want in on this!!
February 23, 2007 10:45PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
God, I would love to do something like this, but I have to be realistic and traveling to New York for me is not really an option...no money, you see.
February 23, 2007 10:45PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
But I doubt only three people would make it to this thing.
February 23, 2007 10:50PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I've been meaning to trek up to New York for years now, even just to visit the place, because one of my best friends lives up there and I've never been personally.

Which is not to marginalize this idea - rather, it's to emphasize the fact that all these circumstances still can't get me to go as far as New York, but I would in a second for this. It sounds like it'd be an incredible experience.

There is desperation and there is noise.
February 23, 2007 10:59PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
It sounds awesome. Except maybe, instead of upstate new york, it could be western australia?
February 23, 2007 11:05PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Ooh, yeah, always wanted to go to Broome, right? winking smiley
February 23, 2007 11:09PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Yes! Yes! Broome is awesome. You can ride camels on the beach, you can, um, try not to eaten by crocadiles.

No, seriously, Broome is way superior to New York.

Forget America, come to Australia. Our beer is better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2007 11:10PM by megan_d.
February 23, 2007 11:11PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Ha. Broome, western australia or Broome county NY. lol
February 23, 2007 11:12PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I'd be totally interested. I only live about an hour away from the New York border, so it's totally plausible. Sounds exciting!
February 23, 2007 11:14PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
i'm there

hello i am oh it's max the popular webboarder from the popular webboard mountain-goats.com.
February 23, 2007 11:16PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
New York:

Broome:

You decide.
February 23, 2007 11:19PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Megan, Megan, Megan....NY doesn't looke like that in the summer. smiling smiley
February 23, 2007 11:22PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Stop trying to foil my plans with your logic!
This is the best idea i've ever heard in my entire life. If this show goes down and I can make it. I'm pretty sure my life would be complete.
New York is beautiful in the summer, especially upstate! This is a perfect plan!
February 23, 2007 11:24PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
I think it's gonna be a challenge in itself to keep this thing on the down-low, especially since New York seems to come with a whole lot of MG fans.
i am so there.

though, please not the weekend of june 30 smiling smiley
megan_d

Ok, John will simply have to do this twice. Once for the Northern hemisphere and once for the Southern. eye rolling smiley
February 23, 2007 11:25PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Nika
New York is beautiful in the summer, especially upstate! This is a perfect plan!

And by New York, Nika of course means Australia.

I'm not giving up on this!
February 23, 2007 11:26PM | Re: Question from John for MG People
Caliclimber
megan_d

Ok, John will simply have to do this twice. Once for the Northern hemisphere and once for the Southern. eye rolling smiley

That could work. I knew we kept you around for a reason Caliclimber. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 62 on October 26, 2014