Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!

March 30, 2011 10:09PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
GUYS

WHAT THE HECK

THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLY GOOD

I'm polishing the files right now, and boy do they sound nice. You all have outdone yourselves. This is top-notch work.

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 30, 2011 10:57PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
nigel, you're just the best.
March 30, 2011 11:18PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
March 31, 2011 07:22AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
nigel
I'm polishing the files right now

Curious what this involves.

Why's everyone in this thread a f***ing Mountain Goats fan?!

Kirkeby KritikkKvitter
March 31, 2011 07:34AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
I'm guessing he just means getting rid of unnecessary surface noise, putting some phat beats over the top and adding some rhymez to beef up the song length.

[kidsteel.bandcamp.com]
March 31, 2011 07:59AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
Zopilote Steel
I'm guessing he just means getting rid of unnecessary surface noise, putting some phat beats over the top and adding some rhymez to beef up the song length.

I LAUGHED SO HARD
March 31, 2011 08:24AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
Zopilote Steel
You kid, but my song could use it. You'll see.
March 31, 2011 10:46AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
Zopilote Steel

No, silly! That's not for this release. That will be the special edition that I'm going to sell on the black market.

For this one, I just had to normalize a two or three of the tracks so they wouldn't be too soft. Then I encoded all the lossless files as mp3s, and put good ID3 tags and album art into the files.

The download will be ready soon!

nigelewan.com · last.fm
March 31, 2011 12:10PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
I did not get to send any up to Boston, sorry!

But it seems the site will be up soon and there will be a donation button, so it seems this might be an option. ALSO, nutopia has a bunch of assembled discs that you can get emailed to you and just donate online or send a check.

[veganburlesque.wordpress.com] - learning to shake it till I make it.
[www.mountain-goats.com] - yo forum peeps, we've adopted a goat!
March 31, 2011 05:21PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
Listen to the album and discuss here!

nigelewan.com · last.fm
April 04, 2011 11:16PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
this took forever to type so IM NOT spell/grammar checking.
TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN!!!!!

:::::

Going to Buffalo: loved the keyboard effects. soothing, YES. great opening track

Going to East Rutherford: such beautiful use of the chord progression!

Going to Queens: amazing. so clean and your voices compliment eachother so well

Going to Maryland: love the synth chords. powerful. voice is unique and good as well.

Going to Cleveland: Soooo soo ridiculously good. a probable choice for top 5. kinda coldplayish voice. harmonies then turned into beach boys. so so so good.

Going to Michigan: I was oddly partial to this one. sounded "exotic?" like arctic monkeys or something, really enjoyed it.

Going to Tennessee: guitar was fucking powerful. sounded like you meant this one. can't go wrong

Going to Georgia: HELL YES!!!! GET NASTY! screaming and having fun. heart of the record!

Going to Kansas: this is..... quite possibly my 2nd favorite on the entire record. "epephant 6ish" sounds so.......... good....... don't nkow what else to say.

Going to Lubbock: accent makes this one epic. tamborine is workin it too. I liked the use of instruments and backing/secondary vox.

Going to Mexico: this is fucking marvelous. a "top 5er" but which of the top 5ers are top 5? Idunno but I'll figure it out and repost. this is just wonderful.

Going to Chino: EASILY one of my favorites. kinda had me drooling

Going through Pomona: "John, is that you?" Dark and realistic. the ending was AWESOME.

Going to San Diego: Me? ehh ... im just depressed. lol

Going to Malibu: call me a sucker for a womans voice, but this is right up there with chino

Going to Catalina: low vox, soothing and realistic. like someone was in mind.

Going to Reykjavík: reminds me of my buddy's music. niceee.. really ambient. im going back to this one with headphones for a further diagnosis.

Going to Alaska: this ALSO reminds me of me and my OTHER buddy's old musical project. from the intro quotes to the talk lyrics. shockingly accurate to our music we made. we're bitter enemies now because of the woman I had in mind for san diego. tkpeters, your cover gained a personal place in my heart from this record, and without knowing it are closely related to my san diego BECAUSE of it haha... for those reasons, beyond how tranquil and soothing it is, has made it's way to one of my favorites.

Going to Kirby Sigston: LOVED IT SO MUCH... in my top 5 for sure, just delicious! chills... (going back to say more after I finished the album, this is the only song I played twice before listening to the next one) this one is my #1

Going to Bristol: over all good song and recording. I liked the insturment choices and the ending "okay everyone GO CRAZY!"

Going to Spain: awesome. tons of energy and great voices... sounds greatttt.

Going to Marrakesh: One of my favorite "going to" songs... your voice is very elephant 6
sounding. so in that right I'm looking to see if you have any 9.5-10 rated albums out there. sounds great. either top 5 or very close to it for personal reason and sound quality. bueno!!

Going to Morocco: specifically how i'd want it to hear! smiling smiley goooood!

Going to Bolivia: nice sounding piano chords, and powerful, unique voices!

Going to Spirit Lake: pretty haunting. i like how you did this, alot. it seems like it would go well with a really bad (or good) trip. haha/ very cool and different.

Going to Hungary: I'd have to say you have the best singing voice of the record so far. kinda vedder-ish. but i'm a wierdo and prefer some shakiness and indecision. this was a great performance. THAT much can't be denied. very well done. the crazy back up vox balanced out the crazy vox i liked hahaha.

Going to Jamaica: helllll yeahhh.....also kinda elephant 6-ish. THATS A GOOD THING. smiling smiley

Going to Lebanon: the simpliclty was a good thing.. loved this. guitar was near perfect. TO HELL WITH EM' ALL.

Going to Palestine: the intro is fucking heart stoping!!! this is another one of those "probably top 5'ers" .... this is just fucknig awesome.... love the synth bends. its like post-punk goth rock trancey stuff... really enjoyed this one. this is probably exactly 5th favorite. maybe 4th. MAYBE 3rd.

Going to Japan: awesome closer!... It reminds me a lot of le tigre.. which is a good thing, from me. I like how it sounds like an old recording.. kinda bluesieeee.

www.facebook.com/joey.likes.stuff
www.youtube.com/blankwavemessiah
April 10, 2011 07:55AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
Who

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 01:32PM by rikalbatros.
April 10, 2011 08:51AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
rikalbatros
Who ARE you Shlack? Do you know me? Why am i an enigma? Please explain!!!

You're a legend around here... but most of us thought you were just that. I am not worthy.
April 10, 2011 12:44PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
Rik is a nice man

April 10, 2011 01:20PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
____ ____ ______ __ ______ __ __ ______ _________________________
______ __ ______ __ ______ __ __ ______ ________________________
______ __ ___ __ __ ______ __ __ _____ __________________________
_____ ____ ____ ___ ____ ___ __ ____ __________________________
___ _________ _______ _____ __ ___________________________

i just sit here in my cave and absorb your facts and figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 08:55PM by blackliner.
April 10, 2011 02:37PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
April 10, 2011 03:41PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
rikalbatros
Who ARE you Shlack? Do you know me? Why am i an enigma? Please explain!!!

April 11, 2011 11:58AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 01:31PM by rikalbatros.
April 15, 2011 11:02AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
REMINDER:
I will have copies of this for "sale" tonight at the Philly show. Please consider finding me and getting one if you haven't already.

[veganburlesque.wordpress.com] - learning to shake it till I make it.
[www.mountain-goats.com] - yo forum peeps, we've adopted a goat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 11:02AM by daniellescomment.
May 01, 2011 01:36AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
so. i just listened to this. i was bored.

what exactly is "going to east rutherford?"
i mean, nall has it "listed" on his site (which--ahem--is never wrong), but it's a blank link.

just curious why it was included under that title when it's clearly "song for an old friend."

May 01, 2011 03:39AM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
blackliner
so. i just listened to this. i was bored.

Damn. My song was nothing but a desperate attempt to entertain you. sad smiley
May 01, 2011 04:00PM | Re: HEY JOHN, STILL DON'T READ THIS smiling smiley - HWNtMG album!
dylz, i don't even know which was yours. i just saw "gter" and thought "wtf"

sorry i'm a dick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 5 on October 06, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 45 on October 20, 2014