Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two Satans

July 09, 2010 05:13PM | Two Satans
I'm looking for a live recording that I must have deleted* - I'm trying to make a cheering playlist for a friend, and I want to include the recording of The Best Ever Death Metal Band where before playing, John says something like, "I hold with the Gnostics, who believe that there are two Satans, one who can't help you and is bad, and another who stands with you against those who persecute you ... and that is who we will now worship," and then proceeds to totally rock the song and so of course when he and the singing crowd-presence get to to HAIL SATAN HAIL SATAN TONIGHT you're all goosebumps and shit and it's great. I just think that anyone would feel better listening to that, except now I have no idea what venue or date or whatever that particular iteration of The Best Ever Death Metal Band was played, and I just figured if anyone else was as struck by it as I was, they'd be on this forum.

???

(Her dog has cancer and her boyfriend's moving away.)

*I binge-download and delete the live recordings because I feel shame and guilt about not paying for them. Lawrence Kohlberg says I have an obedience and punishment orientation
July 09, 2010 08:05PM | Re: Two Satans
That's most definitely the version from last year's Zoop. You should be able to grab it at archive.org.

And you shouldn't feel bad about having bootlegs! They are supposed to be free.

do I have to hit you over the head with it?
nigelewan.com · last.fm
July 09, 2010 09:20PM | Re: Two Satans
Although JD didn't want Zoop recordings out... so... y'know... that one's a little awkward. It's there, but if you're one of the "do not cross JD in any way" types he pleaded that that not be out and about for everyone on the interwebs.
July 09, 2010 11:17PM | Re: Two Satans

i just sit here in my cave and absorb your facts and figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:43AM by blackliner.
July 09, 2010 11:33PM | Re: Two Satans
Much respect for those who never cross JD, but frankly I don't think I could handle it. So much of the music he hates happens to be amazing, and that seems to be the case with this recording. Indulge!
July 10, 2010 11:10AM | Re: Two Satans
:/

I wouldn't've downloaded it in the first place if I'd known. Whoever posted it in the first place sort of sounds like a jerk.
July 10, 2010 12:55PM | Re: Two Satans
Kathaariancode
Much respect for those who never cross JD, but frankly I don't think I could handle it. So much of the music he hates happens to be amazing, and that seems to be the case with this recording. Indulge!

He didn't want a recording Zoop out because it was a special expirence with the people there and the animals and campfire and donations and etc.

I make videos for the interwebs. Click to taste the insanity.
My band has a Facebook. This is the link.
July 10, 2010 01:24PM | Re: Two Satans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:43AM by blackliner.
July 10, 2010 03:44PM | Re: Two Satans
blackliner
save your energy for trying to prevent a zoop iii leak.

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

nigelewan.com · last.fm
July 10, 2010 04:49PM | Re: Two Satans
John
it's really funny tho that I said, a long time ago, "I don't really care & am not gonna regulate, but I will think it's kind of lame to sort of strip away all that's special about the whole thing and make it Just Another Live Recording," but evidently more is required of me; I have to not only say "I'm not going to stop you," I have to think it's great and awesome. But, y'know, saying this good naturedly and all don't get me wrong: that's not gonna happen; I think the Share Absolutely Everything dictum of the present age is mad lame & has made too many things lame with it. I assume a recording of the last Zoop circulates & didn't hurt nobody. So my answer's the same - do what you want, but if you're asking me "John is this cool with you?" the answer is "no, I think it's totally lame, actually."

Basically, "you can but I think it's lame". Far from a straight "don't share".

The end.

What I spend a lot of my free time doing.
July 12, 2010 01:27AM | Re: Two Satans
He expressed similar sentiments at the Sydney show - how hard it is when people record and share everything, because then people say "oh, he told that story at the xxx show too", it detracts from the intimacy & spontaneity of each performance when people are comparing and analysing every little thing.
July 12, 2010 01:58AM | Re: Two Satans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:43AM by blackliner.
July 12, 2010 02:55AM | Re: Two Satans
every single time i see this thread title i think, "two satans came to sodom in the evening.."

If you're wondering who to blame - I want to praise his name with songs and feasting.
July 12, 2010 08:31AM | Re: Two Satans
The only way to prevent leaking of zoop III is to have a mandatory dress code in the barn of nothing.
Nobody can sneak anything in that way (well, there is one way but it wouldn't be subtle by any means), and it would make everyone a little bit uncomfortable, and less willing to post about it everywhere.

/me is the solver of all problems.

1840 - Hounds in Sonora, Mexico, invent music, write bogus "History of Music" to preserve anonymity.

Laughin Out Loud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 08:32AM by Mr Glass.
July 12, 2010 09:19AM | Re: Two Satans
Mr Glass
The only way to prevent leaking of zoop III is to have a mandatory dress code in the barn of nothing.
Nobody can sneak anything in that way (well, there is one way but it wouldn't be subtle by any means), and it would make everyone a little bit uncomfortable, and less willing to post about it everywhere.

/me is the solver of all problems.

Exactly. Just like the airlines are going to make us fly one of these days.

nigelewan.com · last.fm
July 12, 2010 07:51PM | Re: Two Satans
And the sound quality would SUCK ASS.
July 12, 2010 07:59PM | Re: Two Satans
It would bring a whole new meaning to muff[l]ed sound quality.
July 12, 2010 08:49PM | Re: Two Satans
Salty
He expressed similar sentiments at the Sydney show - how hard it is when people record and share everything, because then people say "oh, he told that story at the xxx show too", it detracts from the intimacy & spontaneity of each performance when people are comparing and analysing every little thing.

This is partially why I don't download many shows outside of the ones I actually attend. It makes the banter far less charming when you've heard it ten times before.
July 12, 2010 10:09PM | Re: Two Satans
therainechild
Salty

This is partially why I don't download many shows outside of the ones I actually attend. It makes the banter far less charming when you've heard it ten times before.

That being said, John is extremely cool in that his banter is always pretty spontaneous and original. One reason I love tMG bootlegs is that John rarely recycles old banter and is always fun to listen to. So it goes both ways, I think.

nigelewan.com · last.fm
July 12, 2010 11:31PM | Re: Two Satans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:44AM by blackliner.
July 13, 2010 05:49PM | Re: Two Satans
blackliner
he doesn't want to be a poseur like whitesnake.

listen to a lot of whitesnake, do you?
July 14, 2010 01:16AM | Re: Two Satans

July 14, 2010 01:31AM | Re: Two Satans
sulfur.
smells like...bad eggs.
July 14, 2010 01:39AM | Re: Two Satans

July 14, 2010 12:16PM | Re: Two Satans
blackliner
bad eggs...
are used to fill walrus buckets

Weird ambeened foreplay? o_O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 8 on June 12, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 113 on May 17, 2014